Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Be careful out there. There are some bad people
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Be careful out there. There are some bad people

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/19 07:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone see this image of when the truck and RV are taken across the border?

Yes. Of course it's big news up here.

Is this the only couple in the country that was murdered? The only vehicle stolen? But how many are national story? From what I see on this thread I'm the only one that is pointing out the story is being sensationalized for political purpose.

How thick are you? NOT RELEVANT. Read the rules. Politics not allowed. This is political. Just keep it to yourself. The rest of us have chosen to grieve about fellow RVers, not to pump ourselves up to look important. It should serve as a reminder that we all need to be cognizant of what's going on around us no matter where we are. As far as the firearms discussions go, y'all can speculate what may or may not have happened if these people were armed but since none of us were there it's just that-speculation.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Anyone see this image of when the truck and RV are taken across the border?

Yes. Of course it's big news up here.

Is this the only couple in the country that was murdered? The only vehicle stolen? But how many are national story? From what I see on this thread I'm the only one that is pointing out the story is being sensationalized for political purpose.

How thick are you? NOT RELEVANT. Read the rules. Politics not allowed. This is political. Just keep it to yourself. The rest of us have chosen to grieve about fellow RVers, not to pump ourselves up to look important. It should serve as a reminder that we all need to be cognizant of what's going on around us no matter where we are. As far as the firearms discussions go, y'all can speculate what may or may not have happened if these people were armed but since none of us were there it's just that-speculation.

I'm not sure I understand. What reason do you have to think I do not morn their death as much as any other stranger? But I have my eyes open. What reason is this a nation wide story when all murders are not? POLITICS. What reason for the thread started with the link? IMHO, and the OP might show another reason, it would likely have to do with the politics of gun control, immigration, and racism.

SusanDallas

Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/19 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I said in my earlier post, you have to use your intuition in regards to your situation. The couple that bothered me in the RV park really unnerved me. I have traveled alone for years and never been scared. This couple in Port Aransas scared me. If you get bad vibes about a situation, leave. It is not worth risking your life by ignoring your feelings.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I certainly do NOT mourn the death of everyone that's murdered. But, I'm interested in what happens in the Rio Grande valley all the way up to El Paso.
Guns: My wife and I practice, with Glock hand guns. Whenever we are RVing, and are vulnerable, we try not to do things together (close to each other). We feel we have a better chance of watching out for each other if we're a few yards apart. It's the price we pay, what with so many people promoting violence.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SusanDallas wrote:

As I said in my earlier post, you have to use your intuition in regards to your situation. The couple that bothered me in the RV park really unnerved me. I have traveled alone for years and never been scared. This couple in Port Aransas scared me. If you get bad vibes about a situation, leave. It is not worth risking your life by ignoring your feelings.
Situational awareness

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

SusanDallas wrote:

Situational awareness

Agree! I would suggest “common sense”.....but, “”common sense ain’t so common anymore”! memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They have captured the "people of interest" in this case. They are a couple from Utah. So far they've only been charged with the theft of the vehicle and trailer.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 11:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only way I would tour Mexico is the same for the Darien Gap! Mother hovering overhead and a select group of friends armed to the teeth.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 07:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

The only way I would tour Mexico is the same for the Darien Gap! Mother hovering overhead and a select group of friends armed to the teeth.
Uh, how do you feel about Utah, since the couple in question are from Utah?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/19 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

down home wrote:

Uh, how do you feel about Utah, since the couple in question are from Utah?

X2.
All the talk about Mexico and the reality is the people of the US are just as dangerous.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Be careful out there. There are some bad people
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.