cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake George to Kennebunkport ME

LIGirlatheart
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions on a Route to travel with our 5th wheel from Lake George NY to Maine.
Has anyone been to the Lobster Festival in Rockland, ME? Looking for input.
7 REPLIES 7

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
We have also been to the Lobster Fest and were underwhelmed, even though we went back when they had "locals" day with free admission.

Most of it is a small town "carnival", if you will, with generic vendors selling generic things. There is a big tent for lobster and it's impressive to watch the cooking of the lobsters for the tent, but price-wise you can do much better at any of the lobster pounds. It's really just a tourist-trap event.

I will say the Yarmouth Clam Festival was much more entertaining, with MUCH better food and much less touristy.
2017 LTV Unity

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
LIGirlatheart wrote:
Looking for suggestions on a Route to travel with our 5th wheel from Lake George NY to Maine.
Has anyone been to the Lobster Festival in Rockland, ME? Looking for input.

Last year we went from Lk George to Acadia, took Rt 4 out of Lk George, over to I-89, to I-93 to I-95 . We are about 65ft long and had no issues. Regarding the Lobster Fest, w stopped there 3-4 years ago and was not really impressed. Spent about an hours there and left.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
On the way to the "big E" ?

Big E is in Springfield, MA, not Maine.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I've lived in Vermont most of my life, and I haven't found the state "loaded" with speed traps and "fine crazy" judges. It probably goes without saying, but one sure way to avoid getting speeding tickets--in any locale--is to keep track of and obey the speed limits.

Anyhow, US4 is a decent road for your rig (or most any rig), as outlined by kjenckes. Another reasonable one, though longer, is to take VT22A north to US7 to I89 (via I-189) and then perhaps US2 or US302 from Barre/Montpelier and on across through the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The Kancamagus Highway, NH112 from Lincoln NH to Conway NH, is a beautifully scenic road and is reasonable to take an RV over. (US 302 is also a pretty road, for that matter.)

kjenckes
Explorer
Explorer
I've been towing from Whitehall, NY over that route through Vermont for 25 years and never been stopped. It's a great drive. Very scenic. Only 20 miles of 4 lane in Vermont (Fairhaven to Rutland) if you skip the bypass around Bennington and drive through their very cool little town. Woodstock can get a little jammed up but is a neat town. Queechee Gorge just before White River Junction is definitely worth a stop. In NH you can take Rt 89 to Concord and then follow Rt 9 to Rochester or Dover, or, take Rt 11 at Exit 11 and go out through the lower end of the Lake Winnipesauki region to Rochester. Then any number of ways to Rockland on Interstates or great drives through scenic little towns. I have lived in South east NH my whole life and you can really enjoy the trip if you want.
1996 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3PSD 445,000 miles!
6/1 springs
3400# tires

2005 Lance 820
Solar, Generator, AC

1997 Ranger 487 Bass Boat
Too much stuff to list

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
On the way to the "big E" ?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Be warned if you take rt. 4 from Fairhaven VT to White River Junction on the New Hampshire border its " loaded" with speed traps ,Radar happy cops and fine crazy judges from one border to the other !!! look at Bridgewater ,VT !!link Bridgewater traffic tickets
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011