cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Horn

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the horn on my 2014 Winnebago Sightseer. It's a Ford F53 Chassis. It looks like the power wires that go to the horn are of a plug and play type. Is this correct? If so, it seems like the replacement should be a simple fix.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Now is the tome to install an air horn. I installed mine separate from the regular horn, but isnโ€™t hard to wire into the OE horn wire to use the horn switch. Mine also came with a different horn. Itโ€™s a small air horn type. Sounds better than the OE horn.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
I would definitely install a relay to avoid frying your horn button on the steering wheel.

Good advice......maybe.
IF you are installing a replacement that is similar to the OEM horn, there is absolutely no need to go to all that trouble.
If nothing on the package or instructions for the new horn mentions anything about a relay, then you likely don't need one.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would definitely install a relay to avoid frying your horn button on the steering wheel. Relays only cost a couple of bucks, are easy to install and pretty much fool-proof.
I added a much louder horn from a Chevy Kodiak and I am sure that it draws more power than the original circuit could handle.
Even on my Goldwing, my replacement horn fried my fuse so it has its own relay.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replacement is simple. there are several different connectors that may hook up the horn but worst case you cut and splice
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, should be easy.

Just study the old one a bit and get a replacement with the same number of electrical terminals and a similar (or adaptable) physical mount.

Note: if you are getting one that is a LOT louder, a relay probably will be needed.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"