Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Having a SENIOR moment
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Having a SENIOR moment

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/19 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are on our yearly trek across the US and again are being greeted by some seriously unqualified drivers.
The first one is the person that refuses to put on his headlights at dusk or in the rain. The "I can see you so you must be able to see me"
Next we have the person that thinks you will move over for him as he enters the freeway........ wrong not moving because I have a semi passing on the right.
Next we have the clown that cuts you off because you aren't doing 70MPH even though you are in the far right lane.
Finally we have the gut that just blows through a dead red light. This seems to be far more frequent of late.

These people ware on me and I really wish they were fewer but they seem to be multiplying.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Germania

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There definitely should be a school teaching people the proper way to merge.

Two Hands

California's Central Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AMEN! You are preaching to the choir!

2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yea, just wait till you are on a new, unknown secondary road towing that camper, with sharper than comfort level curves, it's raining, dusk-nearly dark, and you really don't know where you are at or how far you need to go ahead. There are endless deep ditches on both sides of the road, no side roads, and you have no cell phone service for Google maps! Then the nut case behind you is flashing his lights, trying to pass you on every curve, and rides your bumper! Oh the fun! All you can do is hold your steady and drive your comfort level. The nut case behind you isn't worth it.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/19 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The merging thing. Why don't drivers, cars mostly, not get over if they can to let vehicles on, especially things like RVs & semis which are not able to speed up quickly?

It is a simple matter to show a little courtesy to help that big guy on the highway.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still believe that MERGING should be a part of the drivers test... and a re test

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

The merging thing. Why don't drivers, cars mostly, not get over if they can to let vehicles on, especially things like RVs & semis which are not able to speed up quickly?

It is a simple matter to show a little courtesy to help that big guy on the highway.

amen. unless getting ready to exit this is why we stay in the center lane or the second lane from the right in urban areas.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Why do car drivers expect that big rig to just get out of their way? Everyone assumed the responsibility of getting themselves safely down the road by accepting that driver’s license. It is no one else’s responsibility to you, it is yours alone. I have had people fly into road rage because I failed to run the guy passing me in the other lane off the road so they could meander onto the freeway. Not my job to merge you in, bud. The key is “if they can.” And if I can’t, it’s still your job, not mine.

ORbiker

Springfield, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was talking to my neighbor who works at a body shop. He runs the shop. He said that in the last year the shop's business has had no slow time. There is 1.5 times more work then in years past.
He said there is a lot more stupid people doing stupid things. KEN ( Springfield, Oregon)

I (2-10-05) bought a 2002 F350 CC SWD PSD and a new 2003 Citation 10'8. I have been a tent camper all my life. I wanted more comfort while camping and CraterLake Ski Patrol.
It's time for more space. I purchased a 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Driver's licenses are far too easy to get. There aren't enough cops out there 'correcting' driver behavior.

BTW, I've seen some pretty crappy RV driver behavior, too, so I don't think we have a leg to stand on to criticize non-RVers.

Frankly, it's just the human animal being what it is.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Having a SENIOR moment
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS