Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genesis Supreme RV Overnighter

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
First things first: Link here!

Surfing the net let me to YouTube where I stumbled into a video that led me to the web site above. I'm always searching for something new and different, at least different from my world, just to keep up on what's trending and latest innovations in RV's.

Well, this one fits the bill pretty good. I've seen similar with cargo area upfront, but this one is definately unique in my opinion. American made in California (If you all still consider California part of the USA ... 😉 ) Looks like an interesting unit. Just thought I'd share.

Maybe stir up some conversation here. Thoughts about this unit? The living space would be too small us, but if you have "toys" well, I think it's pretty cool.

57 REPLIES 57

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/51m3sJqmAQw you'll see in the video i removed the couch legs and build a box for the couch to sit on for additional storage.

there is a link to a video i posted when i sold mine. we had to get a bigger one so our kids could stay with us on dune trips. they had no interest in it before.

here is the parts list for the bed rails for hapijac with phone # and ext #. you'll need to show them this list. https://postlmg.cc/1fBVpHYw

sent the awning info in a pm.

i was going to add one of these extend out door awning rooms to mine. that is why i added the awning and it is a custom sized in the there fiesta line. i did find extend outdoors on facebook but sold it before i oredered the annex room. https://youtu.be/IvjIpxh5hDo

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
I will share all of that. I don't have the info with me but will re post it later. It should be above in a previous post as well. It's not had to swap out the rail. The rear awning is from care free of Colorado, custom sized and I can pm you that info as well. The tool boxs are from lic. They are the boxs that fill in the step box when you convert to there flex up steps. Very easy to install and comes with all mounting hardware.

jrally9
Explorer
Explorer
Hello dsrace, I just purchased a Genesis Overnighter 12-14.6 FK and I'm working to customize it to fit our needs. I love the idea of extending our happijac bed rails to allow the bunk to come down further like you did. Would you mind sharing the part numbers you used to allow for that? Also can I ask where you purchased your awning for the rear from and what size you purchased? I'm wanting to add a tent room to the rear where I can keep the door open to allow heat and air into the rear room. The tool boxes are also a great idea, lack of storage area is a huge negative to this trailer I'm finding out.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
that sounds about right but i had to order it in ". like 89" on center or something. they can look my name up and the order. i cannot find the invoice that i did save. for somereason i do not have an email copy either.

https://youtu.be/yQhlr8Zdne8

Traveling_Platy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much again for the information. Just about have everything like I want it (hahaha ya right).
I seen your post about the rear awning.

The breakdown I got from the supplier was:
PN 86GC006D 7' 3" Canopy Qty 1
PN UY4601 Hardware Qty 1
PN 610700-048BLK Rail Qty 2

Does this seem close to what you ordered?
Seriously considering this add-on.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling Platypus wrote:
I ordered the extended bed rails. Any tips on installation? Thx for the parts list. Much easier than starting from scratch......

no problem.

you will be much happier with a bed that comes all the way down!

no tips per say, they are pretty straight forward. just make sure you count the threads sticking out of the tension nuts and set the chain tension back the same. you will have to re-time the assembly when you swap it out as well. i also ran a bead of silicone glue on the wall to glue the rail to the wall as well. was it needed? who knows but i had it sitting there anyways.

that light under the bed will be un-useable as they tapped the bed motor for power and dangle a coil cord down to it. i ordered led strip lights ( from chrome glow) that i ran across the ceiling and added a 12 volt switch off that power tap. better than the light under the bed anyway and these are a soft yellowish light rather than that white led light.

that bed has a 300lb weight limit or so the sticker states. i and my wife combined are 370lb and have had no issues with out the support leg i made for it.

i took the light off the bed and added it to the cabinet beside the microwave. very easy to pull the microwave, 12 power to the under cabinet lights are right there under the microwave. i moved the microwave power outlet off the side of the cabinet and mounted it to the ceiling then filled that hole ( where the microwave plugged in) with the 12 volt light off the bottom of the bed. i then bought a cheap tension shelf off amazon and ran screws through the feet to split the cabinet.

you can see the edge of the microwave in this picture.

Traveling_Platy
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered the extended bed rails. Any tips on installation? Thx for the parts list. Much easier than starting from scratch......

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
they would fit if i pulled my steps out on mine. i do not know how many step styles genesis used, but i measured my steps when i installed the two box's on the right side of mine. i installed to the frame and cut the skirting then trimmed it out with door edge molding.

Traveling_Platy
Explorer
Explorer
The lippert box is too wide to fit between the old step brackets, but I can find something to fit in the space.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
https://store.lci1.com/solidstep-storage-box-664640.html

i sealed all the seams with black silicone. been dry and dust free after 5 trips. i installed 2 as i don't have the step above system. comes with all mounting hardware and easy to install.

Traveling_Platy
Explorer
Explorer
dsrace wrote:
i like the upgrades. did yours not come with a master cut off for the battery? are you going to add the tool box where the steps used to mount?

It did come with a manual trip and reset circuit breaker. I already had the battery switch, prefer to use that on the negative side.

Yes, plan on taking advantage of the empty space with some type of storage box.