Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Genesis Supreme RV Overnighter
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Genesis Supreme RV Overnighter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/19 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen truck campers, travel trailers and pop up campers mounted to longer flat bed trailers and goose necks so oversized toys could be trailered. Those options work but do not decrease your overall length by much.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/19 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has a hell of a patio just needs some shade covering of some sort.

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/19 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

I've seen truck campers, travel trailers and pop up campers mounted to longer flat bed trailers and goose necks so oversized toys could be trailered. Those options work but do not decrease your overall length by much.

I too have seen a lot of okie motels on long flat bed trailers with their off road toys right behind it awesome idea

RoyBell

Chicago

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After looking at the link, I think the picture is skewed from the wide angle view. If you load engine towards the front, most of the weight will be over the axles, or just in front of it. The camper portion should hopefully offset weight behind the axles.

The units with larger living quarters seem to be the same setup, but the vehicle would be pushed towards the rear of the axles. I would question how well those would tow with a car on them.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will notice many toy haulers have their axles farther back than the same sized travel trailer or fifth wheel. I think it is for the same reason and it also explains why people are so surprised about the heavy tongue or pin weights of an empty toy hauler compared to similar sized RV's that do not carry toys or cargo.

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have been eyeballing one of these models. https://www.genesissupremerv.com/media/5dc9b8d245c05.pdf this model in particular but with a couple small changes. i wanted the couches removed and the happy jack bed swapped out to a full height model. they said no but i then realized they thought i was asking for bunk beds. i do not want bunk beds just a single i can roll up and out of the way. it is just i and my wife so a couple rocker recliners would be perfect especially out on the deck. i would of course turn the bed 90* so we could walk around the ends of it but not a full walk around of course. i called the plant and he said he would check to make sure they could get a full length system for that model since the wide body overnighter model is only 8' wide. so come to find out the 2020 models will prob be 8'6" wide which is what a wide body actually is. so i think i would wait for the wider model. easier to load my sand rail and an extra 6" of width in the length of the sleeper!

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/20 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i know it's a lot to ask but if they would give the shell a v nose front like the raptor 21fb they could actually make a much better use of the space.

[image]

Traveling Platypus

The Tuke

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 04:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have one of these overnighters? I would like a couple of dimensions from it if you don't mind.........

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traveling Platypus wrote:

Anyone have one of these overnighters? I would like a couple of dimensions from it if you don't mind.........

i have the fk model, what info do you need? i haul a 1960 lb sand rail on mine.

[image]

[image]

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

they do not list this model on there web site. they do offer it if you order new. it's called the rear bed with door. if i had known about it before i bought mine i would've went with this model. the fk floor plan is nice especially if you plan on hauling a quad inside the unit. i do not so i purchased and installed longer happi jac bed rails so the bed comes all the way down.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[url=https://postimg.cc/ctvxdG50][img]https://i.postimg.cc/ctvxdG50/104412993-10158833011256490-1488380272281992203

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Genesis Supreme RV Overnighter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.