Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Campground Theft
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Campground Theft

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Yamaha generator was stolen. It was fastened to the RV with a hardened steel cable. I now have a cage to house the replacement. I so wish I had beefed up the solar instead of going the generator route.

I think folks are desperate. I hope my generator fed some children for a couple of days.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a few beers out of my cooler "Stolen" from me one time during the night. The next day I went to my friends campsite down the road and they paid me for them. lol

Songbirds

Whereever I lay my head

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did a POLICE RIDE ALONG where they caught the guy. Stilling and arrested him and took him to jail. He seemed like a nice looking well-dressed young man and no drug problems on his arrest records, just a theft. He was in his mid 20's and because of all the priors if found guilty in court he was looking at 10 to 15 years. High-value stuff. He had nine prior convictions. You would have not known it to look at him. The nice-looking guy you would welcome into your home as your daughter's boyfriend hoping this was the guy. He was the GUY completely blow my mind how bad he was to take stuff.No sad story, no song to be sing or dance numbers to play. He was very cool clam and did not say much. You would have thought he was an undercover officer in the back seat of the patrol car.

Sorry I just don't know what makes a guy do that for nothing more than to take something from another person. Anything he took had to be over 1000 dollars or he would not take it. So you would think he had some control overdoing or not doing the crimes, MR. CRAZY THEFT He even had a date waiting in his car who was not his wife. yep, Mr. Crazy.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back in mid '70s we truck camped and pulled our boats to area COE large lakes. Not many folks camped back then so we usually got the choice camp spots down next to the water where we beached our boats maybe 10'-20' away. No camp sites but just camp where you liked.
One nite thieves stole the extra 6 gal gas tank from my boat....my uncles boat...and my dads boat. The next day we found two empty gas tanks behind the restrooms towards the exit.
A lake ranger came by later. After telling him what happened he asked what brand of outboard motor tank was still missing. It was from my 65 hp Mercury motor. He said county deputies stopped 5 teen boys in a pickup that had stolen objects in the back....along with my still full tank..
The only reason they got caught was after dumping gas from dad and uncles tank in the truck..
Back then we mixed oil (any oil) with the gas manually. The deputy that stopped them said the truck smoked rally bad ...had no power.... and was back firing.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

sprint99

Merton, WI

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

smarty wrote:

Just as long as they don't take your beer!

Had that happen. Camping at racing event in Iowa a few years ago. Local kids drove around campgrounds and stole dozens of coolers. Ours, as most others, had beer in them. Cops caught the kids and were kind enough to put all coolers in a room back at the station and kept them iced. We had to go "Identify" our cooler and contents the following day. From then on out we never have left coolers out when we stepped away from our site.

Had a chair taken from our campsite another time and found it sitting all alone at a neighboring residence.

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thieves or just stupid /clueless. Had spent most of morning splitting & stacking firewood by my camper. Resting with a cup of coffee at the picnic table when a young couple drove by ~ went down a couple of sites turned around and came back. Stopped their car ~ got out ~ & without a word began loading MY wood in their trunk.

Stepped over and asked them what they were doing ~ said ranger had told them there was FREE fire wood thru out the park. Told them FIRMLY that there was but it was NOT cut;split;& stacked in an in use campsite. They stammered a bit ~ apologized. Hadn't picked up much so let them keep the little bit in the trunk ~ told them where the real downed wood was ~~ They waved every time they drove by after that.

JM2ยข ~~ YMMV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Campground Theft
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS