cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford V10 Catalytic Converter

Piranhascoach
Explorer
Explorer
We had the catalytic converter stolen at out storage lot recently. They got at least 4 others too. I am having a hard time finding a replacement. 2000 Ford F53.
Seems salvage yards sell theirs off right away to recyclers.
Ideas where to look?
Thanks.
Brian
2000 Georgie Boy Pursuit
Ford V10
10 REPLIES 10

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
carringb wrote:
Blackdiamond wrote:
Piranhascoach wrote:
This
place claims to have them. I also see them on ebay, don't know how good hey are.

* This post was edited 11/03/19 09:23pm by T18skyguy *

Thanks. These are universal fit ones that require welding. Have found a few of those. Looking to bolt on the existing piping.
Why, so they can easily steal it again. Get one welded on.

Installation doesn't matter. Either way it's only few seconds with a sawzall. Nobody is breaking bolts loose to steel a cat.

I get that, they did steal mine by taking the bolts off though, had a new one welded on and been fine since...sawzall will need a lot of batteries to get them through the nights work and they are also a lot noisier and create a lot of sparks that are easy to see by LEO at night....just saying.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^^^^^ Battery powered sawzall. Sure salvage yards can sell them.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Blackdiamond wrote:
Piranhascoach wrote:
This
place claims to have them. I also see them on ebay, don't know how good hey are.

Thanks. These are universal fit ones that require welding. Have found a few of those. Looking to bolt on the existing piping.

Installation doesn't matter. Either way it's only few seconds with a sawzall. Nobody is breaking bolts loose to steel a cat.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Piranhascoach wrote:
This

03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your local muffler shop, might not be cheap.
If you don't have to have a smog test, I'd leave it off and weld in a straight pipe.

Amazon has some listed at pretty good prices.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine last year, simply because with almost 500,000 miles, it wasn't cleaning up the exhaust well anymore. I went through my local muffler shop, and they had a couple options for a high-flow replacement units designed for the V10. It wasn't cheap (pretty close $1,000), but clean exhaust is important to me, since I do idle extensively at times for stationary power.

I don't believe salvage yards are supposed to sell used cats, because they can't verify that they are any good still.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Getting the palladium out of the ceramic honeycomb substrate makes it worth it. Big business, stealing converters.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
My friend has a auto salvage yard and cuts the converters off first thing as soon as they get there. If he don't the thieves will get them but once he sold a truck load for $17,000 and another time $14,000. Those things are pricey. When I lived in Baltimore at the airport they stole 100s one night in the long term parking lot. Good luck with your search.

Piranhascoach
Explorer
Explorer
This

Brian
2000 Georgie Boy Pursuit
Ford V10

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
This
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.