Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ford reaches tentative UAW contract.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford reaches tentative UAW contract.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/04/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who would of thunk?

How would you like to get a $9000 ratification bonus on top of your raise along with no healthcare cost increases or changes in coverage? And $3500 if you're a temp?

Anyone wanna bet the price of that $74000.00 F350 is soon to be $79,000.00? [emoticon]

ShinerBock

SATX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 11/04/19 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have spoken with many people about this. Almost every one of them said that they think the UAW is getting too greedy especially asking for benefits that most others do not get or have to pay for themselves. Most also felt that this greed was a large reason why we (the taxpayers) had to bail out these companies not to long ago. All of this on top of the current corruption scandals in the UAW's top executives are not helping their cause. They may have won this battle, but it appears they are loosing the war in the eyes of most people in my region because most are starting to view them unfavorably where they didn't just a few years ago.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 11/04/19 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They will just put in more automation and get rid of more people. Or start farming more parts out to suppliers. They might of won the battle and lose the war.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/04/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the article:

"In related news, UAW president Gary Jones, who has been under federal investigation for alleged corruption, has asked for a leave of absence, effective Sunday, November 3. "I do not want anything to distract from the mission. I want to do what's best for the members of this great union," Jones said."


2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/04/19 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When is Kia coming out with a HD truck?

goducks10

There

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/04/19 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

I have spoken with many people about this. Almost every one of them said that they think the UAW is getting too greedy especially asking for benefits that most others do not get or have to pay for themselves. Most also felt that this greed was a large reason why we (the taxpayers) had to bail out these companies not to long ago. All of this on top of the current corruption scandals in the UAW's top executives are not helping their cause. They may have won this battle, but it appears they are loosing the war in the eyes of most people in my region because most are starting to view them unfavorably where they didn't just a few years ago.


As a 30 year Union Carpenter now retired I couldn't agree more about the greediness.
I've been saying it for years that the UAW is an embarrassment to most unions.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

Senior Member

Joined: 10/17/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/04/19 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One interesting detail of the contract:
"Ford will invest $1 billion in the Kentucky Truck Plant in the next four years and release "all new" Super Duty pickup truck, Navigator and Expedition models."

I thought that the current Super Duty was fairly new.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/04/19 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Living up here in Michigan and retiring a union member, I can say that the UAW and the Teamsters are the most corrupt unions in existence. neither car squat about the rank and file. All they care about is playing the role of fat cats and bilking the members.

FCA is the one to watch. I believe the Pugeot FCA deal is more about beating the UAW than a merger. FCA is in no financial condition to match the Fords / GM contract. Will be interesting in the least.

Someone eats the contract increase costs... You and I and the price difference between the not so big 3 and the onshore foreign automakers will also widen.

Toyota needs to build a 'big truck' now. They could literally 'mop the floor' with a 3/4 or 1 ton entry.

What is really interesting is that Michigan is now a RTW state so there are no 'closed shops' anymore. It's strictly voluntary to join a union in Michigan, been that way since last year.

O know of I was working in a UAW auto plant, I'd sure as heck part company with the UAW and pocket my union dues.


2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/27/2004

View Profile






Posted: 11/04/19 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

One interesting detail of the contract:
"Ford will invest $1 billion in the Kentucky Truck Plant in the next four years and release "all new" Super Duty pickup truck, Navigator and Expedition models."

I thought that the current Super Duty was fairly new.
I could be wrong but I thought the current generation was released in 2016.

Edit; I believe it was 2015. When I purchased a replacement bed for the truck a 99 through 2014 were interchangeable. I have a 2014 bed on a 2006 truck.

* This post was edited 11/04/19 06:29pm by colliehauler *

TurnThePage

North ID

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/04/19 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Groover wrote:

One interesting detail of the contract:
"Ford will invest $1 billion in the Kentucky Truck Plant in the next four years and release "all new" Super Duty pickup truck, Navigator and Expedition models."

I thought that the current Super Duty was fairly new.
I could be wrong but I thought the current generation was released in 2016.
In Super Duty years that's pretty darned recent.


2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford reaches tentative UAW contract.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.