cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 97 BC to California

98Evo
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving BC thru Osoyoos and are planning to go south on 97. Any comments, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
2009 Seneca
07 Harley Ultra
9 REPLIES 9

Sinterior
Explorer
Explorer
We just drove 97 from Vernon BC to I-84 in Oregon, road conditions were good, including Blewett pass, but this time of year, the weather changes so fast, I recommend you check wsdot for road conditions first.
Pete, Terry (Teresa) & Cira, 12lb furbag ๐Ÿ™‚

2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ
2017 Chev Equinox V6 AWD
Blue Ox Avail
Patriot II Braking system
Garmin dezl 560LMT

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If you use WA 17 and US 395, you avoid both passes!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

98Evo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the positive replies everyone. WSDOT is excellent info. Safe travels
2009 Seneca
07 Harley Ultra

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I take that road a lot and it is much better than I-5.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Check the pass reports at WSDOT web site for Blewett Pass and Satus Pass conditions, on US97. It's clear today, but there's already been some nasty weather there.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Coming through Washington, you may want to get off US 97 near Brewster. Take WA 17 south to US 395, then I-82 west to Biggs Junction to pick up US 97.
Yes, you can come down to Wenatchee, west on US 2/97.
US 97 through WA can be a little difficult!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

98Evo
Explorer
Explorer
leaving end of this week. Our regular route was sask to great falls and I15 thru SLC and Vegas. and yes last year on our return trip we were storm stayed in pocatello Id. for 2 nights. I have cables for the newmar duals and a jeep toad.
2009 Seneca
07 Harley Ultra

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
When are you planning to leave? If in the near future watch the weather forecasts as snow can hit any time. Also be aware chains are mandatory in Oregon but if it turns bad wait it out.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I can say that 97 from Bend Or to Weed Ca is pretty decent. We took it late this summer from Weed to Bend. Probably used that route 8-10 times.
I've taken 97 north from Bend to the 197 cutoff then 197 to The Dalles. Also a decent hwy.
That's the route I'd take if coming down from WA.