Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Penske has deal to buy Indy racetrac,
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Penske has deal to buy Indy racetrac,

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/19 04:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The family that has owned the Indianapolis Motor Speedway since the end of WW2 has agreed to sell the whole lock stock and barrel to Roger Penske. It's to settle in Jan 2020.
The deal includes the land, Indy Car, the track, and other things related to the track.

* This post was last edited 11/07/19 06:51am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 04:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That family has often "Owned" the track.. but not the title to it.
I suspect he will continue the tradition. One of the better deals I think.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If anybody bought the place, glad it is "The Captain. But at 82 years young, I really wonder what is down the road. My first thought was if he ever had a conversation with Brian?

SARGUY

North America

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 10:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My only concern is how does this affect Team Penskes ability to compete in Indy Car races. They are and have been one of the premier teams in the series,hopefully that will be able to continue.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/19 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsallyh wrote:

If anybody bought the place, glad it is "The Captain. But at 82 years young, I really wonder what is down the road. My first thought was if he ever had a conversation with Brian?

Brian's on a milk carton now Bob. Totally uninvolved with anything NA$CAR, except spending his money. ISC and NASCAR recently completed their transaction taking ISC private, back to full France Family control. I suspect the 'For Sale' sign comes next........

Strange Penske would return to track ownership, he's already been down that road.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thomas I love the milk carton! When I read the news, I also remember when Roger unloaded tracks and at 82 getting back in. But it is going to be under "Penske Entertainment Group" and the Indy paper thinks that the track would be used for many other forms of entertainment sort of like the Las Vegas track is used. Future watching should be great.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Penske has deal to buy Indy racetrac,
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS