cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mattress or Hotel ?

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
The mattress on my sofa pullout has always been bad, even with a mattress topper.

My daughter and husband are coming for a visit at thanksgiving and I need to get them a hotel, for about $500 or spend $$ on making the mattress good enough to sleep on.

I was thinking about one of those nice air beds but was not sure if it would work when the sofa is closed up.

Let me know

Thanks
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
17 REPLIES 17

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
you can get bed bugs from hotels don't ask how I know 2,000 less in pockets
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
JCat wrote:
The mattress on my sofa pullout has always been bad, even with a mattress topper.

My daughter and husband are coming for a visit at thanksgiving and I need to get them a hotel, for about $500 or spend $$ on making the mattress good enough to sleep on.

I was thinking about one of those nice air beds but was not sure if it would work when the sofa is closed up.

Let me know

Thanks

Air mattress on the floor or better yet buy them a tent and put the air mattress in the tent..
:B

JCat wrote:
Thanks Bob for appreciating my humor, as shown in your signature.
:B:)
And thanks for giving that humor!
I have always been a joker, it's a family trait from my mothers side. Life was always entertaining when mom was around. Never knew what she was going to pull next!
We need more humor in this world.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
What would the guest prefer? As a guest I would pay for my own hotel/motel over a sleep sofa any day.

JCat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Bob for appreciating my humor, as shown in your signature.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a cat forget the air mattress, the the claws are wonddrfull pin hole machines.

navegator

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a Coleman air mattress at Walmart. Just throw it on top of sofa mattress. Works great.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our sofa has a queen air mattress that folds up into the sofa when deflated. 120V pump to inflate and by adjusting the pressure...change how firm. Have only tried it briefly to make sure it held pressure.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

JCat wrote:
Thanks Bob, for your guesswork, and intellectual capacity.

How about and answer on what type of mattress ?

:B:B - Lol!
Can't really recommend a particular brand, as everyone's sleeping needs are different.
And good point mentioned, it needs to be folded up for stowage.
I replaced one in my old TT a few year ago. Didn't get too carried away with quality and price, think I paid about 400 bucks for it. Funny thing is, I slept better on that than mattresses I spent 5 times the money on in my stick and bricks.... go figure...
Sometimes something cheap outperforms the higher end items.:R
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2, Bobs.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Queen sized Coleman air mattress for visiting adult kids to sleep on. Both have reported good reviews on the mattress. Good for 800#. Has 110 volt air pump. We put it back in the box and store when they leave. $40.00 at Target.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
https://airdream.net/

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Sofa Beds are by design lousy.....what kind of mattress can be folded in thirds and still be comfortable???

BIL come to visit for a week while we were at Kennedey Space Center for shuttle launch.
Sofa bed was brand new.never slept on.
After first night we went and bought an Aerobed Mattress
Pump it up---placed on top of sofa bed mattress at night,...deflate/stow during day time.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the sofa sleepers come with air type mattress from the factory. The only issues will be the built in motor on some of the mattresses and any sharp spots on the bed frame.

My vote is for a new mattress.

We have a couple of Aerobed mattresses we use for guests. The guests have indicated the mattresses are comfortable.

I've used them for naps from time to time...no complaints