cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout gasket replacement

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
So after a year of searching and looking we finally found the right replacement for our 2001 Fleetwood Terry 26H. A used 2015 Coachmen Apex 269RBSS. Really nice shape, almost like new, I feel good and think I got a good deal. There is an issue where the bottom of the rubber gasket that seals the slide is torn in half and it lets a small amount of water in. It has done minimal damage but needs to be addressed right away. Has anyone ever done the double gasket on one of these and if so is it good,bad or ugly to replace. I am experienced in construction and have a garage full of tools. Im just wondering if this is something better left to those that know. Wadda ya think? Thanks
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.
4 REPLIES 4

Camper8251
Explorer
Explorer
good source

https://www.steelerubber.com/wiper-seal-slide-out
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
2008 Arctic Fox 811 - SOLD
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate the replys fellas. I cant take a pic of it because I dont have it yet. I pick it up Friday
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
It would get more response, if you would post a picture. There are several types of seals, and different types of wipers. In my case, the wipers are stapled on, and the D-bulb seal slides into a track on the wiper. My D-bulb seals are very easy to change.

Jerry

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced them in both of my slides. There are quite a few types available, and I suppose any number of them could be made to work. I opted to find the exact replacement.
I figured it would go smoother that way.
Shop hard for the best price. Many places are pretty proud of this stuff. I did manage to get a good deal. The actual job was pretty straight forward. I don't think you will have any trouble with it
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW