Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I take back all the good stuff I've said about Les Schwabs!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> I take back all the good stuff I've said about Les Schwabs!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was going to chime in that I always had outstanding service from Les Schwab when I lived in Spokane for 3 years....

...until my incipient mortality stared me in the face and I realized that "it wasn't that long ago" was actually more than 20 years ago (1995 - 1998). [emoticon]

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Near on 40 years dealing LS, no problems.

Oak Harbor dealership.

2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

WVcampground

WV

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not familiar with Les Schwab......any relation to Earl Sheib?

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ksg5000 wrote:

I had LS redo my RV brakes a couple of years ago - forget the price but it wasn't near that much. I suppose every rig is different.

LS is now trying to promote their own private label tires - and they are spendy. I told there rep that I could buy Michilins for less than he was quoting me and pointed out that anybody who knew squat about private label know that success is based on have same quality as well known brand but lower price. I suppose they will learn that the hard way.

On the bright side - LS tells you upfront what they charge b4 they do the work - and you always have the right to vote with your feet. I bought my latest tires at Discount Tire, use another outfit for front end alignments, but still use LS for brake fluid changes, tire rotations etc - there 1/4 miles from my house and convenient.

You going to have LS rotate the Discount tires?

Yep - no problem.

Kevin

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I will have LS fix a flat on a tire I take to them. No way they are touching my vehicles. They don’t torque properly. That’s a fact!

I INSIST to pay for the repair. Manager got red faced pizzed with me when I would not accept the repair for free. I said I will never buy a tire or brakes so I feel it’s hypocritical to accept the service for free and not ever buy anything.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

wnjj wrote:

Discount Tire sipes down here. You could check with them there.

I'm calling them. Kid's car needs to go under the knife before winter.
The hi po tires on it will be like riding a greased cookie sheet if 3 snowflakes hit the road!

If they are true summer or 3 season performance tires you may be wasting your money on sipes. The compound probably will be working against you under 40 degrees.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Well I will have LS fix a flat on a tire I take to them. No way they are touching my vehicles. They don’t torque properly. That’s a fact!

I INSIST to pay for the repair. Manager got red faced pizzed with me when I would not accept the repair for free. I said I will never buy a tire or brakes so I feel it’s hypocritical to accept the service for free and not ever buy anything.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a company policy of not torquing properly. That's up to the individual employee to do the job right. When taking shortcuts with the air wrench turned up to high you can certainly end up with over torqued lugs. The guys who do it right have to turn a bit further before the click happens.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

So they showed you a goodwill gesture on a repair and you found it necessary to flex your muscles and put them in their place? You sure showed them. At least they can keep the doors open another week with the well deserved $5. I bet all the guys went to Applebee's next door and split that on beers.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they don't have a company policy of not torquing properly. That's up to the individual employee to do the job right. When taking shortcuts with the air wrench turned up to high you can certainly end up with over torqued lugs. The guys who do it right have to turn a bit further before the click happens.

Its not just LS, they all do it, I have seen it at Discount, Seen it at American Car center , Big-O. Just depends on the store. They hit them with the air wrench, and by then they are already over torqued. All they do is hear the torque wrench click. Seen it first hand MANY times .

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like this part:

WTF? Sir we only replace ALL components. Pads, caliper and we will see if it needs rotors...
Huh? It's a 3 year old truck, no need for calipers. Sorry that's our policy.....

“We only replace ALL components” (And we will see if it needs rotors)?
Rotors aren’t part of “all components”?

1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> I take back all the good stuff I've said about Les Schwabs!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.