cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off at Chevron

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Ripped off at chevron station on 15 D southbound about 100 km north of Los Mochis. A short (5 ft 5) attendant there is a master at the 50 for 500 peso switch. I was not 100% sure I had been scammed until another in my group also had the same thing happen to him after he fueled up, so now I am sure. I can extract this guys picture from my dash cam, so I am going to launch a complaint with the chevron head office.
12 REPLIES 12

Talleyho69
Thanks for keeping us all posted on this and the location. Seriously, it's a station to be avoided!

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
when i posted it on facebook, it seems like it has happened to a few people at this station.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Tequila wrote:
A friend was just double charged on his credit card at the pemex station just south of the San Miguel toll booth in Los mochis. This si the one opposite the access road to El Jito RV park. May or may not have been a scam attempt.

Those things happen. Now everyone is going to pay in cash and pay with 20 pesos notes.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
WVcampground wrote:
Tequila wrote:
I am going to launch a complaint with the chevron head office.

Maybe the CEO of Chevron will go scold the guy over $24.00? Good Luck :B

Actually they contacted me and are taking it seriously

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
A friend was just double charged on his credit card at the pemex station just south of the San Miguel toll booth in Los mochis. This si the one opposite the access road to El Jito RV park. May or may not have been a scam attempt.

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
I had that happen once. But I always ask for the exact amount like $2,000. pesos and I come out of RV with that amount. He pulled that with the help of an accomplice. He got my attention just as I handed the attendant the $2,000.00 the other guy got me to turn my head and then the attendant said senior your $450.00 pesos short.
I laughed at him, and speaking Spanish I told him I had counted the money previously. He insisted, I made him empty his pockets and there was a crumpled $500.00 peso, he got my wrath and our fellow RVers who spoke Spanish read him the riot act!
Senor mi culpa perdoname por favor.
Best case count your pesos out to the attendant this will stop this scam, but I have caught them at other scams.
Se intelegente amigos.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
I am going to launch a complaint with the chevron head office.

Maybe the CEO of Chevron will go scold the guy over $24.00? Good Luck :B
"Now the Subaru with the “coexist” sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi that’s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah I’ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Because I pumped gas on an interstate as a teenager, I don't think it only happens in Mexico. There are many ways to get a few extra bucks.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Must be good to pull this on an experienced MX traveler 😞

Those guys are amazing! I have been cheated so many times at Mexican stations I only buy fuel in Mexico when I have to. They know every trick in the book.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
yes, I am aware of this scam. The guy was a magician, so good I was not sure of myself. Until another rv in our group told mne he was sure it had happened to him, I had my doubts.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Must be good to pull this on an experienced MX traveler 😞

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sorry this happened to you.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.