Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Truck batteries
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck batteries

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Motorcraft batteries you purchase at the parts store are not nearly as good as the factory Motorcraft batteries.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/19 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a great reason for new batteries as my wife had a very poor heart and I won't let her down trying to have them last until they show going bad. Might not make a difference as we all know nothing is perfect but I feel better trying to be on top of the issue. Feel the same for tires. I practice what I preach. chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

macjom

Fl

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 12:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going into 4th year on stock Motorcraft battery and it still works great.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 01:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like a couple of other posters the original Motorcraft batteries went 9 years.

Just curious Fish why the Motocraft batteries are not the same at dealer or parts store? I thought both used virgin lead?

What has really surprised me was I have a old 99 7.3 Powerstroke that I put in Wallyworld basic $48 dollar batteries since the truck sits most of the time, they are going on 5 years old and still fire the truck right up.

* This post was edited 11/12/19 01:32am by colliehauler *

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Just curious Fish why the Motocraft batteries are not the same at dealer or parts store? I thought both used virgin lead?

What has really surprised me was I have a old 99 7.3 Powerstroke that I put in Wallyworld basic $48 dollar batteries since the truck sits most of the time, they are going on 5 years old and still fire the truck right up.

The factory batteries have a status window and are made in the US. The ones at the parts department do not have a status window and are made in Mexico

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find batteries last a long time when there is not a parasitic draw on them. We have an old Duramax that we hardly use and it goes through batteries at the rate of two per year. Seems like half the time we go to start it the batteries are dead.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

I find batteries last a long time when there is not a parasitic draw on them. We have an old Duramax that we hardly use and it goes through batteries at the rate of two per year. Seems like half the time we go to start it the batteries are dead.

Battery Tender has what you need, you shouldn't allow a battery to discharge to that level even once.

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

Battery Tender has what you need, you shouldn't allow a battery to discharge to that level even once.

I tried a battery tender. It worked wonderful for awhile.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

The factory batteries have a status window and are made in the US. The ones at the parts department do not have a status window and are made in Mexico
Are replacement Motorcraft batteries you buy from the Ford dealer US made?

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Motorcraft batteries are made by Johnson Controls, which merged with Tyco International 3 years ago. The battery unit was sold to Brookfield Business Partner of Toronto in May of this year, the business was rebranded Clarios. It operates in 60 countries, who knows where they are manufactured. All I could find is Johnson (now Clarios) manufactures 65% of auto batteries sold in the US under 3 major brands, Interstate, Exide, & Motorcraft. They also make batteries for everyone from Wally World, to the big box parts stores. Specifications vary according to customer.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck batteries
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.