cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterizing and sink sprayer hose

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
I always winterize with compressed air followed by antifreeze. Never had a problem except one: the kitchen sink sprayer hose endpiece (that screws onto the pullout hose) has cracked each of the past 4 years and needed to be replaced. (Yes I did remember to flow the antifreeze through it.)

I guess I can attribute this to the fact that it's cheap junk, and maybe the two pieces that screw together are made of different plastics with different expansion characteristics? In any case, I am determined not to have this happen again this year so I unscrewed the endpiece.

Anyone else have this problem?
David Kojen
8 REPLIES 8

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had that problem last year because I forgot to blow the water out of the line. After reading these posts I think I will just unscrew the head also.

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same issue one year only with our outdoor shower head. Forgot all about it until we hooked up the first time in the spring and saw water dripping. Lesson was learned, we now take it off when we winterize and have had no issues since.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
why not just remove it ...the sprayer head...and bring it in the house for the winter?

This is what I do. Lost two due to my own mistakes. I bring both this sprayer and my kitchen sink wand in each year. Sits on my workbench. Hasn't frozen since.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
why not just remove it ...the sprayer head...and bring it in the house for the winter?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just wrap a rubber band around the trigger on sprayer head,,,kitchen and toilet
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

puddleduck
Explorer
Explorer
With 30 years of winterizing rv's and cabins I have decided to always unscrew the spray head in the sink and the shower and leave it off till spring.

The_ugly_duckli
Explorer
Explorer
When winterizing,after draining the camper, I always pull my sink sprayer all the way out, hold it up as high as I can and turn it on. this way all the residual water that sits in the sink sprayer and the loop under the sink will drain out thru the lines. One final blast with the air compressor and all is good.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem you had, except it only happened to me once. After the first time I always unscrew the hose from the sprayer.