cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended Warrantee?

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
So we found the right trailer for us. On Saturday we pick it up. Keep in mind it's a 2015. I'M already getting the speech about an extended 5 years warrantee to add to a 12 year note which doesn't make any sense to me. I had my previous coach for 15 years before I started having any real problems. I'm convinced I don't want it but I'd like to hear what you guys think.Thanks
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.
15 REPLIES 15

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate all the response. I actually picked it up today and declined all the warrantee options and the paint coating and the Kevlar tire goo! What a racket! Anyway, I have no intention of holding the note for 12 years however I did get a great rate and $146 a month for an Apex 269RBSS.
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
send me the money, then when something goes wrong,, I,ll send you a e mail that its not covered. keep your money. ever need a repair? call a rv tech in your area, faster,, cheaper,, smarter,, and they come to you.

&

Put the money aside and start a reserve fund for future repairs and replacements such as tires.

Close the thread- that's the answer.

bnardini
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Good Sam warranty for a couple of years and tried to use it twice. I was turned down both times so I canceled it. The monthly premiums I paid would have easily covered both repairs.
Bill & Lori Nardini finally on the road!
2008 Tundra SR5 doublecab
2009 Jayco 31 RKS G2

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Twelve year note for a used trailer ,,, WOW . And then they want to finance the extended warranty ,,,, WOW again .

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a used RV and spent the extended warranty money on better insurance coverage.

For us it worked out fine when we hit a road hazard and took out a wheel and both axles.

It is simply a gamble.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
mooky stinks wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
send me the money, then when something goes wrong,, I,ll send you a e mail that its not covered.

^^^^^^^^Best Answer^^^^^^^^:B

:B:B:B:B

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I like putting the money aside idea. Kinda like a Christmas club but for repairs.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
12 year note on a 2015 trailer?? Wow... I just bought a brand new 2019 and have a 72 month (6 years) note on it.. Plan on paying off early anyway, so no big deal.

I was offered the extended warranty too for about 2k for 5 years I think?

Declined for now, but can buy it within 9 months..

Probably won't do it.. It's got a factory 1 year so will go thru that and go from there..

but, as was said, some come out ahead, but then they had to make some claims and deal with all of that, so did you really come out ahead??

In the end, whatever lets you sleep at night and not worry about it, there you go.. I'd be awake more for that 12 year note on it! ha, ha.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
send me the money, then when something goes wrong,, I,ll send you a e mail that its not covered.

^^^^^^^^Best Answer^^^^^^^^:B
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
The odds are not in your favor. It is an insurance policy where they collect money from lots of people and pay out to few people. Never buy an insurance policy for something you can afford to replace yourself. Would be able to buy a new refrigerator or air conditioner for $1000 to $2000? If yes don't buy. IF not, then maybe it would be worthwhile for you. Consider that many of those companies have more excuses not to pay than to pay, and substantial hoops for you to jump through before they will pay. If you do buy a policy, be sure to read the actual policy (not the sale brochure) so you know what you have to do for them to even consider a claim.

This reminds me of a flashlight I bought at Harbor Freight the other day. It was around $10 with the 20% off coupon made it around $8. The cashier asked me if I wanted an extended warranty on it for 2 years for $2.49!

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You will find one or two people on here that the warranty actually worked out for them and it was a good deal. For the other 99% though the warranty was just more money in the dealers pocket.

Keep the cost of the warranty in the bank and use it in the unlikely event your refrigerator or furnace goes bad. You'll be leaps and bounds ahead.

BTW, it's not really a warranty, it's an insurance policy. And it's an over priced poorly covered policy at that.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Put the money aside and start a reserve fund for future repairs and replacements such as tires.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's your money...BUT...I never seen an extended warranty, that didn't do everything they could to make any claim...NOT COVERED...
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
send me the money, then when something goes wrong,, I,ll send you a e mail that its not covered. keep your money. ever need a repair? call a rv tech in your area, faster,, cheaper,, smarter,, and they come to you.