cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goons

puchinno12
Explorer
Explorer
Just a heads up if anyone needs work done on your diesel in Mesquite Nevada. I had a fuel lift pump go out on me in Mesquite and I didn't know of any reputable diesel mechanics. I got some referrals from other gas mechanic s and one was..... Goons Garage.

The person. that gave the recommendation said , "Don't let the name bother you." How right he was. The young mans name was Tyson and you couldn't meet a nicer guy. He got the pump switched out and even delivered my truck to the rv park. My phone was out of service. Didn't jack up the bill. Very reasonable price. My truck was a 2002 dodge cummins 2500.

Hooked up the 5th wheel and carried on home to Canada. Purred like a kitten.

Just something to keep in your mind on case of a breakdown in Mesquite. Also left his name and number at the Rv park office in case someone needed help and didn't know of any mechanics.
7 REPLIES 7

puchinno12
Explorer
Explorer
No, Airdog.

Was installed on frame under cab. I had a spare because we were planning on going back down to Mazatlan for the winter. That pump was on there for quite awhile and I wasn't sure how long it would last.

Some of the earlier Airdogs had problems .Have a tough time getting one in Mexico so I brought along a spare. As you probably know the VP44 is expensive to replace.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
OE lift pump???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

puchinno12
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel Brothers eh? Interesting. All I can say is, I was glad that I chose to go to Tyson for help with my truck. Great guy. Great service.

gbop , good advice. I wrote a review for Goons Garage in the RV Service Reviews.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
This guy used to be on the Diesel Brothers tv show, and worked in the shop. He left, and opened his own shop somewhere. From whet I've seen on the show, seems like some good guys. Glad to hear they lived up to the good reputation.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Here, here for Tyson and Goon’s Garage!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Not all Goons are Goons. 🙂

You may want to post your experience on RV Service Reviews.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
:C Good to know there are reputable people in the smaller communities.