Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Are RV shows worth it?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Are RV shows worth it?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/19 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We attended a couple of shows that had sites set up so you could camp right beside the show. That might be available to you, but there will be lots of traffic.

I should have said in my previous post that we usually always find an idea that we can put to use in our RV. Both of us are pretty handy, so we can build or fabricate ideas.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we went to the Portland Metro RV show on Thursday afternoon, nice to beat the crowds!
Looked at a Arctic Fox 29-5K, compared to our current Keystone Sprinter Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, felt there was less inside storage, but much larger basement. There were also fir and finish issues.
Then looked a a Grand Design Solitude very nice, will need to look through all their floor plans, as the sales person said they were coming out with a rear kitchen model.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/19 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have enjoyed going to shows, up until the last one I went to. It was last winter, in Raleigh, NC. I went on Saturday afternoon. Here's the problem: it was the peak of flu season, and there were hordes of people crammed into every one of the RV's. It didn't occur to me until I left that I had just exposed myself to a million opportunities for the flu to infect me. Thank God, I never did get sick, but the thought of it was enough to keep me from doing it again. If I go to a show again, I'll try to go at a time when there are fewer people (Friday during the day or Saturday morning). I'll also bring along a lot of hand sanitizer. Might even wear a mask.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/19 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

February in CT is awful cold, we always take a ride to the Springfield MA show, we enjoy window shopping the rvs and stopping at all the booths and talking to the campground owners.

SpeakEasy hear you about the flu. Springfield show is packed on the weekends. When we went to the Springfield show I had just recovered from being out 3 weeks with a URI that developed into the flu and I always get a flu shot.

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

klr650goldwing

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/19 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We attend the local RV show every year, or at least we did until we retired two years ago. We bought our first trailer at the RV show in Minneapolis. We saved almost 50% because we bought at the show. Our dealer told us they sell 60% of their annual sales in 10 days at the RV show. Every time we attend, we learn something we didn't know before. We enjoy it very much.

2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2004 F350, V10, CC, LB, 4X4, 456
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

hotjag1

Lake Chelan, Wa/Lake Havasu, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/19 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We go to the big RV show in Quartzsite, AZ every year. We are quite happy with the rv that we have, but it is fun to see what new glitz and glitter the mfrs have come up with. We usually find some new gadget that we buy for our current motorhome from one of the hundreds of vendors.

hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Are RV shows worth it?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.