Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Bummed out
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just attended the funeral of my best male friend of over 30 years. We went thru so much together, he was at bedside when my first wife passed, I was with him thru his divorce, present wife and I were married in his house by the preacher that preached my first wife’s funeral, both he and his now widow asked me to counsel with them before they were married, etc, etc. he and his now widow were happily married for over 20 years. He was too young, only 62.

He and I could and did talk every month for usually over two hours about everything and nothing. His widow is now asking for my assistance in settling things and helping her set up he finances. A task that will be as difficult as any I have ever done, but I must do to fulfill my promise to him and her made long ago.

He had cancer and from what we all expected, he would have some good time after what appeared to be a very successful treatment regime. Not to be. He passed two weeks after treatment was completed. Shock, misery, anger, no words to describe how I feel now with no desire to “get over it and move on”

Thanks for letting me rant.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rant heard. Words fail. Best wishes, hang in there, brother.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/19 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a rant, it's a cry from the heart.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/19 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Te tienes que hacerte mas fuerte", said a relative in Delicias Chihuahua. You've got to make yourself stronger.
There's a tear in my eye, almost like I'm feeling your pain. I'm sorry for your loss.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry for your loss. Grieve, cry, yell, scream-whatever you need to do to deal at the moment. There's no shame in feeling pain.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/19 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

George I know what you are going through, just went through the same thing when a good friend since 1977 passed of esophageal cancer this summer after his third chemo treatment. It's a hard thing not to think about.

mr. ed

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/19 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost my father in 1975 when he was only 57. He was being treated by his doctor for hiatus hernia.We felt that the discomfort from the hiatus hernia may have masked the more serious condition of the heart, and it wasn't picked up by the doctor. Of course, we were just speculating, looking for somewhere to place blame, but I sorely miss him, even to this day, 44 years later. He was more than a dad, he was a good friend. May you find comfort from Acts 24:15.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

All I could afford

North jersey

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/19 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost my father in law to cancer last summer, the only dad I’ve had since 1991. In his final days I assured him that everything would be taken care of, and not to worry. Now when I stop by the house to fix a door knob or unclog a sink, I feel like he’s there with me guiding me, and smiling.

Help the widow with the financial settling if at all possible. I’ll bet it will help you through the grief.

1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/19 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My sympathy. No words I have will make up your loss. Lots of new friends to be made.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.