6 REPLIES 6

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well we went with Vinyl plank flooring snap lock (Listed as NOT recommend for RV). I found this easy to work with as it cuts with a sharp utility knife.
I tacked the first row so I had some solid to work from. Got our at HD needed about $200 worth to do living room and kitchen. Other than the 1st row the floor is floating.

Prep work, removed end table between chair and bench.

Working around sink peninsula, I needed to work backwards on the other side, went together well.

This is where needed to work backwards, the snap lock worked fine working back into this space.

This is the finished floor, with out the trim.

Trimed out, I don't like heavy trim, use 1/4" X 1" oak screen door trim, with one edge cut square.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Personally I would use LVT and glue it down. Simply pull a pc to replace if needed.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Let it float. Had laminate floor in a previous camper fo eight years never a problem with it

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Let it float and don't use glue. In something as small as an RV, you don't need to leave as large of a gap around the edge but I would still leave at least 1/8~3/16". Also, if it's snap together type, don't pound them together. Only use enough force to make them click and no more. Otherwise you will end up with tiny raised edges that look terrible in the sun.
I have seen the results of a floor not having enough room to expand and it's amazing. The middle of the floor will rise up like a giant blister. It can move furntiure and people standing on it as it expands. I've fixed bad installs but it's a pain.
You don't want to make any mistakes or do anything other than what the manufacturers suggests.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
No not in a house with large rooms. The floor should float. However, in my RV I did nail (with a small brad nailer) the floor down.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos