cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Ford F-350 Sat Antenna Issues

Dtorlina
Explorer
Explorer
I loose my Sirius When my truck camper is on the truck... antenna is blocked by camper. Searching the web I found articles on earlier Ford model years how to add a new antenna, but the 2019 F-350 is a different configuration than the previous post. Has anybody done the new Sat antenna on a 2019 F-350 or new generation ford? THANKS!
10 REPLIES 10

PhilR
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a NL 8-11 on my 2019 Silverado 3500 and the sat radio works about 90% of the time.

2_Piece
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2018 F350 DRW, crew cab and a 2018 Northern Lite 10-2. I really do not have much problem losing Sirus signal, but I do occasionally. When I drive north bound is when I have the most problems losing signal. Driving east/west or south bound no problems.
2018 F350 6.7 diesel, 4x4, DRW, crew cab, 8' box.
2018 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE.

Those that do not read have no advantage over those who can not.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
TCjeff wrote:
. . . seems to me based on this thread that all trucks with campers on them will have the same issue. Is this correct? . . .
Sirius works perfectly on our 2016 Ram 3500 CC SB SRW even with our ‘19 Northern Lite 8-11 on-board. Amazing it still works, ‘cause the cabover completely covers the antenna.

FWIW, we have the flat sat ant that comes with the 2014-2018 Ram HD trucks that don’t have a GPS. Possible things may have changed for 2019-2020.

TCjeff
Explorer
Explorer
We recently ordered a Northern Lite 10-2 and are now shopping for a truck. My wife and I are both avid listeners of satellite radio and would like to have it available with the camper on the truck. We are open to any brand of truck but it seems to me based on this thread that all trucks with campers on them will have the same issue. Is this correct?

I also understand that some Lance models come with a satellite antenna on the roof of the camper. Can one be added to the roof of my NL? If so, can it somehow be connected to the radio in the truck? Is there any way we could get satellite radio in the truck and satellite tv (or both) in the camper? Would wifi also then be possible? We are planning a 1 year trip all around North America and we would like to stay "connected."

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
GPS will work with ping given every couple of minutes. radio not so.
My Ford live traffic has "check the route traffic" (something in this lines) and when I was pushing it while in Alaska, quite often it took several minutes to come with update.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I’m not familiar with the antenna placement on the SD’s after 2016, so forgive my ignorance please. Is the antenna not on top of the cab between the marker lights? Is it still a combined sat radio/GPS nav antenna?

To relocate mine, I purchased an new OEM antenna and the harness that runs down the driver side A pillar. I ran the new cable through the firewall, and located the new antenna on the cowling at the base of the windshield. I’m not a sat radio subscriber, but the GPS seems to always be able to get a signal.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dtorlina wrote:
I loose my Sirius When my truck camper is on the truck... antenna is blocked by camper. Searching the web I found articles on earlier Ford model years how to add a new antenna, but the 2019 F-350 is a different configuration than the previous post. Has anybody done the new Sat antenna on a 2019 F-350 or new generation ford? THANKS!

Back to the topic, I have 2018 F350 and have the same problem. The only fix I have found is to buy the portable satellite radio and seperate antenna.

Good luck,
Bradw
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I had Sirus losing the signal in the truck with camper and no camper as well.
Had it in the car and the signal was lost every 2 minutes downtown Las Vegas.
Canceled the radio subscription and keep live traffic only.
When it took few seconds to start radio service on the net, it took ma about 2 hr to run via Sirus chats and then phone CS to cancel the subscription.
They use hardcore tactics to keep you paying, while good radio service is not their priority.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not done any modifications on a Ford, but I had the same issue with my 2018 Ram and also my previous 2010 Ram.

The 2010 was easy. I found the connection on the passenger side kick panel and substituted a magnetic "puck" style antenna that was placed on the hood just in front of the passenger side window.

The 2018 was way more difficult. I could not find any sort of 3rd party kit or devices. I had to order the factory "shark fin" and wiring harness. The connection was under the passenger side grab rail and the wiring was just long enough to reach to the hood. I had to fabricate a weather seal and method to attach the fin with large rare earth magnets. Sometimes I can still lose the signal when driving due North. I guess it depends on the satellite location because even when driving north, I typically have a signal.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Just in general, they have those little 'Antenna Pucks' that most put on the hood.. line goes under hood to the dash inside.
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website