cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

? Power Cord Protective Cap

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know where I can get a protective cap/cover for the shore power cord's plug blades? The cord is hard-wired in the RV and, if possible, I'd like to give the blades some protection getting dragged on the ground.
8 REPLIES 8

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I agree with Howard and Peggy, but if you really want a "protective cover", buy a replacement female extension cord end. The type with a handle would probably be the easiest to use.

So simple.....

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I never drag my plug end. I always carry it to the TT and then push the cord back in.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
dcmac214 wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a protective cap/cover for the shore power cord's plug blades? The cord is hard-wired in the RV and, if possible, I'd like to give the blades some protection getting dragged on the ground.
Not to be overly smart-a$$ sounding, but why not simply carry the plug back near the trailer after unplugging it. That way it doesn't get drug over the ground. Just a thought.

I am wit you
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am in the carry it back to the RV camp, myself.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Howard and Peggy, but if you really want a "protective cover", buy a replacement female extension cord end. The type with a handle would probably be the easiest to use.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
dcmac214 wrote:
Not to be overly smart-a$$ sounding, but why not simply carry the plug back near the trailer after unplugging it. That way it doesn't get drug over the ground. Just a thought.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Store and secure before driving?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Use one of your wife's socks!
Or her ski mitten!

Bud