Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVing in Canada and Alaska: Remembrance Day
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Remembrance Day

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Islandman

NW Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

May we honor our Canadian friends as they observe Rembembrance Day on November 11th in honor of the their soldiers who served in Europe during World War which finally ended with the Armistice in 1918. You can be proud of the sacrifice made by them. As a younger American Army veteran who will be celebrate our Veterans Day tomorrow, I have great admiration and respect for all men and women who have served their country, USA or Canada!

* This post was edited 11/11/19 09:27am by Islandman *

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, and we also respect and honor your veterans who've been the most over worked and over used military entity on the planet since the end of WWI when the German Armistice was signed on November 11th, 1918. You've always been there to help whenever or wherever you've been needed, and we all appreciate it.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sad that the day has become little more than a theme to base retail sales on. It is a day of business as usual for most.

Across Britain & the Commonwealth it is a day of respect & remembrance. Even if you are not at a service at a cenotaph in your town at eleven minutes past the eleventh hour on the eleventh of November you stop for a few moments to remember when the guns fell silent at that time in 1918 & give thanks & respect to those who gave their all.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Keily

Nova Scotia Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 01:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well said, I will be at the cenotaph at my home town, Canso Nova Scotia when they call the roll for my father, WW II vet.

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 03:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Least we forget. Thank you to all the men and women who have served or are serving on either side of the border.

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 04:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Sad that the day has become little more than a theme to base retail sales on. It is a day of business as usual for most.

Across Britain & the Commonwealth it is a day of respect & remembrance. Even if you are not at a service at a cenotaph in your town at eleven minutes past the eleventh hour on the eleventh of November you stop for a few moments to remember when the guns fell silent at that time in 1918 & give thanks & respect to those who gave their all.
At least the retail sales bring attention to the day so it's not forgotten, and some offer additional discounts to our military that could really use them. Several families have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Least we never forget past and present. The longest war still goes on.

Little Kopit

TheMaritimes.ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm just learning something. The Allies recruited labour to clean up roads and do other manual labour. These men came from China and were quietly shipped across Canada to be ferried to France. The quietness of the effort was because immigrant Chinese had to pay $500.00 to stay in Canada in those days.

[emoticon]

CBC Radio, The Current, is my source.

& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to all who served.
The state of many of our World War memorials is deplorable. Many sit forgotten and neglected (Like Oahu's Natatorium). If you get a chance, please support them.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just came back from the service at our local village cenotaph. Short military parade, Oh Canada, Flanders Fields poem, WW2 flypast, Last Post, a full two minutes silence, the lament, The Rouse? Laying of about twenty wreaths, God Save the Queen. As invited, most left their poppies an the cenotaph. Very moving.

Everyone has an accent, Yes, even you! ">

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remember

Kevin

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Remembrance Day
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS