cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power awning

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
We need to replace the fabric on our power awning. anyone ever have to do this before? not sure of the brand?
8 REPLIES 8

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
machunt wrote:
The outer plastic coating is peeling off the top side of the awning. i need to get one more trip before replacing this spring.

That's what happened to ours. Had to use Gorilla tape to keep it from fraying any more going down the road.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
The outer plastic coating is peeling off the top side of the awning. i need to get one more trip before replacing this spring.

Jennifer_Koper
Explorer
Explorer
I changed the fabric. Fabric not a vital issue at this point. But, even the hardware is infuriating to use. End up combating it often. And my fabric cost around USD 750 to replace. but end of the stage didnโ€™t get better feedback.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Google search the manufactures brand, a couple of ladders, a helper, and a six pack. Takes about 1 hour.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We had ours replaced just recently, but had it professionally done. At the suggestion of the shop, we opted for acrylic as it lasts longer and can withstand the elements without fading. It's breathable and in our case came with alumaguard, to protect it when rolled up.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

phemens
Explorer
Explorer
We did ours this spring. Only hitch was the delivered fabric was wider than requested, so we had to trim on one side. Other than that it was a simple 2 person job, we did it at the campground with a couple of ladders.
2012 Dutchman Denali 324LBS behind a 2006 Ford F-250 V10 out of Montreal
1 DW, 1 DD, 1 DS, 2 HD (Hyper Dogs)
1200w solar, 600AH LIFePO4, Yamaha EF2000 gen, Samlex 3000w Inverter

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
It's easy to do, but a second person is a must. Search YouTube for rv awning replacement. Rvgeeks have done videos for several different brands of awnings. Just find the one that matches.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just had ours replaced this last summer. We had it done because I just didn't have the equipment, scaffolds and ladders, to do it myself. Not that big of a deal. Took about an hour or less.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"