Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Signing a power of attorney for bank when selling your RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Signing a power of attorney for bank when selling your RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
RubyRV

Ft.Lauderdale

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a prospective buyer for my RV and HE is getting a loan thru Southeast Financial. I have complied with all their requests, RV inspection, Purchase Order, now they want me to sign a Power of Attorney giving them control over my title prior to giving me a check. I said I would sign one and hand it over with the title on receipt of the check. They said no check till I sign it.
QUESTION. Has anyone done this ? Do I have concern ? ETC. ?

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RubyRV wrote:

I have a prospective buyer for my RV and HE is getting a loan thru Southeast Financial. I have complied with all their requests, RV inspection, Purchase Order, now they want me to sign a Power of Attorney giving them control over my title prior to giving me a check. I said I would sign one and hand it over with the title on receipt of the check. They said no check till I sign it.

i wouldn't...no way!

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

RubyRV

Ft.Lauderdale

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

RubyRV wrote:

i wouldn't...no way!

I refused to, now the buyer said do what the bank wants or he'll cancel the deal. That is unreasonable and I never agreed to that as a sale stipulation. Why the heck am I even involved with his loan. SMH

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems odd. Are you familiar with this bank?

Usually you would just sign the title to release it to the buyer or bank. Bank would hand you a check at the same time.
Possibly ask to do this in person at a branch. Check should be immediately presented.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just say sorry, I will find another buyer.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No way I would do that and it isn't needed. Something smells there.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does seem strange. Assuming SE Financial is a legit bank, if you don't want to tank the deal right away, you could always "inquire" about the process at another branch and see if they give you the same story.
Might be someone doesn't know what they are doing, might be a real policy although I've sold items that the buyer was taking a loan and never have encountered that.

I can say with certainty, there are sometimes corporate processes that we don't understand, but may be ok.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Old Days

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Selling things over my life time I really think I have seen every scam. If I don't believe the deal is for real I will tell the buyer to bring cash to my local police station, and we will make the deal there. Funny after that I don't hear from them again.

delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SE Financial looks like a broker not a bank/credit union. They take their cut from the financed amount. Probably want power of attorney so they can "shop" the title to a bank/credit union.
Not something I would want to be mixed up in.

2019 F250 Crew 4x4 6.2
2019 Rockwood UltraLite 2608BSD

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never heard of such a thing. I would talk to your bank and see what they say. With power of attorney what would keep them from taking everything you have?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Signing a power of attorney for bank when selling your RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS