Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Dirt
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm with fj12ryder, I love my carpet. I may vacuum it on occasion, but not obsessively. I also have no problem laying down on it at any time. It's warmer, it's softer, and it looks better than most of the engineered hardwood floors I've seen.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Nope, my house is to be lived in and having to take my shoes off when I come in and put them back when I go out is too much of a hassle to live with.

I guess I'm just not as obsessive over a spotless house as everyone else. Shoot, I've heard of people that wash towels after just a couple uses. Go figure.

I live in mine too. I'm just lazy. that is why I love the hardwoods, well that and the shine. I like shiny.

as for towels. I like a fresh towel every bath. Makes me feel cleaner. On the other hand DW uses the same towel several times. But them she don't really use it. More like just hold it up and looks at it. There is still water running off of her when she puts her night gown on. I like to be completely dry, so I get my towel really wet. people make fun of me. but I like a clean towel. I don't ask for much.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/19 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not obsessive about dirt. But I much prefer floors to carpet. I just find carpets require too much work to maintain. I hate vaccuuming up pet hair. I hate trying to clean up a spill on carpet - try cleaning up spilled bubble bath!

I much prefer a quick sweep when needed and a rag to wipe up a spill.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS