Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: IOTA Circuit breaker Box
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> IOTA Circuit breaker Box

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iota makes Converters and BOXES to install breakers. Magnetek makes breaker boxes but does not have Magnetek breakers. WFCO makes 120 breaker boxes but does not have WFCO breakers. The breakers are standard breakers made by the large Breaker manufacturers. Does your unit have 50 amp service or 30 amp service? Doug

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most all breakers tell on the side of them what make and model they are. So just remove the breaker and look on the side of it.

Dusty

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DIVE2XS wrote:

Not to argue with you but to help me understand, Why is it then that on the front of the box that has combination fuses and breakers on it has to letters IOTA?
Also there is a unit on the other side of this Box that I believe to be the converter.
Have you tried clicking on the link I provided earlier? It downloads the "Owner's Manual" for IOTA's ILC-3045 Series Load Center which, even if it isn't the one in your RV may be similar enough to answer all the questions you've been seeking answers for.

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/19 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at an Iota manual , they don't give a specific brand but says any " interchangeable breaker " works so I would look at the GE style or Homeline.

DIVE2XS

Woodland, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes I did look at the link, thank you. It's a 30 amp service box and the one in the illustration does look like it. I'm just trying to do some research prior to this week end. My jobs getting in the way of actually going and getting my rig from storage to work on it. I am a little intimidated with the electrical part. I was hoping it would show a way to access the breaker Box in the illustration you sent me however when I looked at it looks like theres four screws on the front thats once removed more likely to give me access to the breakers. I just need to figure out how to remove the breaker and from the Box and install the new ones. I understand there's a latch or a retainer that keeps the breaker in the slot that needs to be Removed?

2001 Suburban,8.1L engine, 4.10 rear end
2003 Holiday Rambler Presidental 32'
2 Honda 2000i generators
100 watt solar
Podogy Controler

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The breakers plug into the buss work. You may have to pry slightly. The plug in is on the opposite end from where the wire attaches.
There is no latch! When dead front is re-installed, it holds the breakers in place.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DIVE2XS wrote:

Yes I did look at the link, thank you. It's a 30 amp service box and the one in the illustration does look like it. I'm just trying to do some research prior to this week end. My jobs getting in the way of actually going and getting my rig from storage to work on it. I am a little intimidated with the electrical part. I was hoping it would show a way to access the breaker Box in the illustration you sent me however when I looked at it looks like theres four screws on the front thats once removed more likely to give me access to the breakers. I just need to figure out how to remove the breaker and from the Box and install the new ones. I understand there's a latch or a retainer that keeps the breaker in the slot that needs to be Removed?

Standard for any breaker box is to remove the front panel, typically one or a few screws, and then the breakers just snap in and out. Most designs, I think including yours, pivot around a sort of finger roughly under where the load wires attach, so to remove you pull out from the opposite side on the breaker and it snaps/slides off of the bus bar. Once it pivots a bit the whole thing will be released and can just be pulled out and the load wire disconnected from its screw terminal.

If there's a metal retainer clip, which there may be at least for the main breaker, it should be pretty obvious and removed by unscrewing it from the chassis. The whole thing is a little easier to figure out when you're looking at it than it is to attempt to describe in words.

Needless to say, disconnect all AC power before doing this! In an RV that's not hard at all: unplug the shore power cord, turn off the inverter if you have one, and don't run the generator.

Ozlander

Rose Hill, Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You seem to have a lot of questions about how to replace a circuit breaker.
Based, on those questions, I question how you are going to wire this new breaker and run the wire to it.

Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I asked about 50 or 30 amp service because you CANNOT add excess amp draw to a 30 amp box. 30 amp RV boxes are designed for the 30 amp load in the RV and are designed to split the loads to total 30 amp. If you are trying to run an extra 20 amp circuit and appliance you will overload and trip the Main 30 amp breaker in the Breaker box or the CG pedestal pole breaker. Not really dangerous as the breakers will do their job but just an annoyance. Doug

DIVE2XS

Woodland, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for your concerns and answers. I'm gonna be installing a 2000 Watt inverter into the breaker Box. A friend of mine who's done this a few times before has drawn me diagrams on what kind of wires what goes where and is available by phone call. There will be 1 or 2 isolater switches to insure there is no feed back. I'm just trying to get a few things out a way to streamline the insulation once I'm able to get my RV out of storage in the parts together to do the project this weekend.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> IOTA Circuit breaker Box
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.