Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Water line burst
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Water line burst

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

RobWNY wrote:

My 2 cents is before you do anything, try and find the person that was kind enough to shut your water off and thank them. Not everyone would have done that. One time I noticed 4 people standing at the roadside of a camper just watching. When I went over to see what they were looking at, I noticed water pouring out. I walked past them and turned the spigot off.

Good point! Thing is, being on several forum types, for a length of time, I usually can tell a lot about other posters character, by their posts/responses.

I knew RobWNY would help, in this case turn water off. I feel like I know many forum folks, some I consider friends, even though I've never met them.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry, I think of you as a friend as well even though we have never met in person. I have received a great deal of help and guidance from you and you have saved me from spending money needlessly and from making many mistakes. I like to offer "my 2 cents" in hopes of being able to be helpful to others. It's the only way to pay it forward in a meaningful way.

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.

Winnipeg

Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 11:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for so many helpful responses. We were lucky that it was a T fitting that came apart in the water bay. Not easy to get at, but at least it wasn't inside the walls or in the slide. Fixed at home in the driveway in about 5 hours (We work slow).

While apart, we found another fitting that was leaking. And, the 110v outlet in the water bay (domb to install one there) was sealed on the front, but the box was not sealed at the back. All fixed now.

I ordered a $50 Camco regulator with a built in gauge. Not sure if that qualifies as a "good" regulator, but the next better at Lowes was oversized, $100 plus gauge and fittings. The extra cost and install time didn't look like a good way to go.

allen8106

Burrton. KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/19 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a pre-set regulator 100% of the time at the faucet.

2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 36

Weldon

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/19 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe there was a defect in the pipe that has the leak. Possible the regulator use of or lack of had nothing to do with the problem.

Weldon

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/19 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry the problem was solved before I posted.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Water line burst
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.