cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing HELP..?

VickieB68
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 1995 Skyline Boomer, M2010. It has to be replumbed as all the lines leaked antifreeze when I attempted winterizing. I can not locate any information on this camper.

Does anyone know if the water lines from the front fresh water tank to the rear water heater run underneath the wetbath or along the wall behind the wetbath? I am wondering if I pull out the wetbath back wall whether I can get to those lines and find leaks.
15 REPLIES 15

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
You may be able to borrow a crimping tool from a local independent building supply. One in our area is generally agreeable to lending hand tools. They charge full price for the tool with the understanding that you are going to use it and then return it for a full refund.

GT928
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a crimp tool. I bought one at Home Depot for under $30. I now carry a length of pex in both blue and red and a tool with crimp rings with me when I travel.
2011 Earthbound Golden Ridge
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
North Georgia

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Get a local woodworker/carpenter/handyman to cut you one out of treated 1/2 plywood. Have them attach it and you paint it.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

VickieB68
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. Now, next question: Does anyone know of a source (other than salvage yards that do NOT appear to have any) for front window rock guards? I know there are tons of videos and "how to" instructions, but I do not have the tools or the muscle to create my own. I have looked online and simply can not find anyone, other than one place that starts at $649. WHAT?? I don't think so.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
I'd ignore the oem lines and leave them alone. Rent a crimping tool--or buy one.
Unless the old line is handy to pull the new PEX into place.
This you might be able to temporarily connect and use the old line to fish the new line into place. If they used brackets to hold the old line this may not work.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Pex is extremely easy to work with. There is a ratcheting crimper that is also easy to use in confined areas. In replumbing our house, I used a combo of push-on fittings, full ring clamps and the ratcheting crimps.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
I'd ignore the oem lines and leave them alone. Rent a crimping tool--or buy one.
Unless the old line is handy to pull the new PEX into place.

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
VickeB66,

Simply run new lines made from Pex. Then there will be no leaks--and you can route the lines inside the heated area of the RV.

The lines can be "fished" past obstructions.

When I rebuilt my 1975 Fleetwood Prowler, I put in Pex.
Works great.
Now all my lines are inside...

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
VickieB68 wrote:
The sharkbite fitting are very expensive so I'm debating those.

Yes, they are not cheap. But, they work great and are easy to use. Figure out how many you will need for your project and compare it to buying or renting a Pex crimper.

Then, look at where you will be making the connections. Using a crimper on a workbench and using it while reaching into a tight space while standing on your head are two different animals.

I've had SharkBite fittings on my home heating and plumbing systems for about 12 years. I've never had a leak or failure.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

VickieB68 wrote:
Pianotuna: Thank you. All the water lines are inside the camper. So, do I run new lines and just ignore the old ones and leave them in place? If room, I see no problem doing that.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
For a complete replumb I would go with buying the crimper and crimp sleeves over sharkbites.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

VickieB68
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I have already checked into Pex & that seems the best choice. The sharkbite fitting are very expensive so I'm debating those.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes . you,ll find pex lines easy to work with.

VickieB68
Explorer
Explorer
Pianotuna: Thank you. All the water lines are inside the camper. So, do I run new lines and just ignore the old ones and leave them in place? If room, I see no problem doing that.