cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Enchanted Circle Scenic By way New Mexico

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm working on our trip for the summer of 2020. I came across the "Enchanted Circle Scenic Loop" in New Mexico and it looks interesting. Seems to be plenty of campgrounds in the area. Probably spend 2 days there, more if needed to do the loop. We would be doing the loop in our 25ft class C no tow. Mountain driving doesn't bother us. We'll be coming in via Rt 64, from the east, which in itself looks pretty interesting, then Rt 64 to Shiprock and on to Mesa Verde NP. I think we'll swing by the Aztec Ruins National Monument while we're in the area. As always, Suggestions appreciated.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
7 REPLIES 7

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
The 5 National Parks in UT (plus Valley of Gods) is a better option.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Jim n Steph wrote:
Wow never heard never heard of the Grand Circle , thank you this will be 2021 trip,

A little off topic, but I see you are a new member and from my home town! Welcome! We have been fulltiming for 15 years and just bought a home in Florida in a motorhome community so we can come/go as we please.

Happy traveling!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from that area, the Cimarron Canyon drive (64) is beautiful. Stayed at Eagle Nest SP that's a scenic campground but no hookups. As said, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is a must stop in Angle Fire. Taos has several attractions including the Gorge bridge across the Rio Grande.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Eagle Nest State Park is a central location. Really nice scenery and cool weather and plenty of good short drives.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Jim_n_Steph
Explorer
Explorer
Wow never heard never heard of the Grand Circle , thank you this will be 2021 trip,
2003 Silverado 1500HD Vortec 6.0 4.10 2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
The Enchanted Circle in NM is very nice. Be sure to stop by the Vietnam Memorial (you'll be going right by it). I love Angel Fire, Red River and Taos. Lots to do. The weather is great, warm days and cool nights. Bring a heavy jacket just in case you need it at night (my kids didn't believe me when I told them it might get cold at night and they almost froze the first time we went).
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to also look at the Grand Circle which encompasses Arizona, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado. Many scenic and beautiful sites to see.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU