cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moose Hillock, NH

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed here and what is there to do/see for several days?
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
7 REPLIES 7

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
lmpres wrote:
Not that it's a big deal, but you should at least know, it's a religous campground. Have a couple rules other campgrounds don't. Like no booze outside of your campsite.

http://newhampshire.moosehillock.com/map-rules/

I see they have a chapel service on Sat afternoon, not sure I would go as far as saying they are a religious campground, rules look like nothing over the top. But you are correct as no big deal one way or another. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies. As of this writing, looks like it would be either DW and myself or the 2 of us and 20yo son. Stay at CG 1 day or so and day trips otherwise. We were last there about 17 years ago traveling in a car and drove up Mt Washington and stayed at a nearby hotel (don't recall exactly where), then down to NH shoreline enroute to Boston. DS was just a couple years old and has no recollection of trip.

To drive up Mount Washington now costs almost $30 for a car and driver, and $9 per extra person. Private enterprise now operates the road within the National Forest. We were there this summer. I thought this was very expensive considering we had just came from Acadia NP in Maine, and the cost to enter the park was $32 for a weeks pass for the carload. This included driving up Cadilac Mountain as many times as you wanted, as well as then entire park.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies. As of this writing, looks like it would be either DW and myself or the 2 of us and 20yo son. Stay at CG 1 day or so and day trips otherwise. We were last there about 17 years ago traveling in a car and drove up Mt Washington and stayed at a nearby hotel (don't recall exactly where), then down to NH shoreline enroute to Boston. DS was just a couple years old and has no recollection of trip.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
Not that it's a big deal, but you should at least know, it's a religous campground. Have a couple rules other campgrounds don't. Like no booze outside of your campsite.

http://newhampshire.moosehillock.com/map-rules/

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Been almost 20 yrs since we were there last, as mentioned if you have kids or young teens they will love it. super cool theme pool. Campground is kind of cut into hills and spread out. decently maintained, sites were private...at least where we were. They are about a 40 minute drive from Lincoln NH and most White Mountain attractions.

Couple of things: loop roads had some serious dips in them where to the point it almost ripped off one of my leveling jacks on my low riding trailer, second careful on how you get there as one of the ways takes you over a 11% grade so best to get directions from the campground and probably not GPS.

Don't forget to see Bruce! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
There is plenty to do there especially for families with young children. there are numerous attractions within 30 minutes to an hour away. Most of the campers will go there just for the park amenities themselves never leaving the park for day trips.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't stayed at the cg, but Warren NH is just outside both Lincoln, NH and Plymouth, NH. Lots to do up there-Clark's Trading Post, the Flume Gorge, Polar Caves, the Kancamagus Highway and other White Mountain attractions. It's a great location if you have kids. There's hiking and other outside activities as well. CG gets great reviews.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]