cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seafood from mexico

New_Mexico_Road
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone heard of any problems bringing shrimp and fish back from Rocky point Mexico?
10 REPLIES 10

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
35 years living fulltime here and no one has ever knowingly done me wrong. Speaking the language is an important part of the puzzle.

Cartels, I have no control over neither do I have control over drug users.

But back on topic, each state of entry or exit may make a difference on what you can bring back. I just posted the official record.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Never been cheated on gas because I only give them how much I want to spend in pesos and then make sure the pump is back to zero before pumping.

Never been asked for a bribe from the police

Been cheated on shrimp once on weight and then once on size.You make a deal for grande size and those guys can shuffle thru the ice like they are picking up the best grande but when you get home you find some small instead and she picks the shrimp she wants. The wife also brings her weight when shopping the Malacon. Those we eat in country. When purchasing to come home we go to the fish processor where we get the exact weight and size we want. They are also cleaned and frozen in a nice box that fits the freezer.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
I read these Mexico threads occasionally and have a question. Is there anything were the locals won't try and cheat you? The cheat you on scales, they cheat you at the fuel stations, the police want bribes and on and on. Is it paranoia or just the way of doing business south of the US border?

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
navigator2346 wrote:
"...............You are allowed to bring 50# of Mexican beef to the USA."

Where did you get this info?

I called the Agriculture agent in Lukeville at the border office. I also was secondary inspected by him later and asked if that was per person or per vehicle. He said per vehicle.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Talleyho69
I just spent a while looking for that information and haven't had any luck.

When we lived in the US we always brought back several whole filet mignon. Excellent!

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
"...............You are allowed to bring 50# of Mexican beef to the USA."

Where did you get this info?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
From The Customs and Border Protection website.

Fish - Personal amounts of fish, shrimp, abalone and other seafood are allowed and can be fresh, frozen, dried, smoked, canned or cooked.

I'm sure that each crossing and each official has their own criteria just like in Mexico.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
navigator2346 wrote:
If you buy shrimp on the Malacon, be sure to take a weight with you. Their scales are a tad off and not in your favor. They usually have another scale under the counter.

I carry a 1 Kg and a 0.5 Kg weight to check the scales. In the Malecon as soon as they see the weights they point me to the good scale! We prefer 3 Brothers by the harbor where the fishing boats put in. Their scale has been dead on every time I have checked it!

Sonora beef is also excellent and actually has flavor! You are allowed to bring 50# of Mexican beef to the USA.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
I heard the limit was 65 pounds of shrimp.We buy our shrimp from the seafood processor on Sinaloa across from Burger King.

If you buy shrimp on the Malacon, be sure to take a weight with you. Their scales are a tad off and not in your favor. They usually have another scale under the counter.

We usually bring 20 pounds or so back, no problem

Talleyho69
You can load it up and take it home. It's legal.

We always used to pack our freezer full of shrimp when we returned to the US. Now we live here!