cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
While Dish/Direct TV lose millions of customers every year..

Satellite TV will never be able to offer these prices.

The first-day results exceeded expectations of Wall Street analysts, many of whom predicted that it would take until the end of the year for Disney+ to reach 10 million sign-ups. Disney Chairman and Chief Executive Bob Iger has made Disney+ the companyโ€™s top priority over the last year, and much of his legacy rests on its success.

However, at just $6.99 per month, Disney+ is an exceptional deal for cord-cutters, and an even better deal for Verizon customers, many of whom are eligible for a free year. Disney is also offering streaming bundles that include Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for the low price of $12.99/month.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2019-11-13/disney-signups

:B
23 REPLIES 23

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bill.Satellite wrote:
APKS?

What I like about the firestick over other streaming devices is how easy it is to load different applications. An APK (android packing kit) is a glorified way of saying an application that finds streams built on
a platform that's compatible with Android. Someone is streaming something somewhere for just about everything. An APK is an application that packages a way to find streams on content you are looking for. It's a gui that scans the www and finds the show or movie you want, lists the streams and quality of the streams and you pick one and it will play. Granted some streams have better quality than others but most decent apk's have good streams. To me it's another ala carte' service you can download to find more content. Very similar to Youtube - the main difference being there are full length movies and shows. It won't find live content, but if it's been aired, or it's on DVD, then it's available. Imagine a version of Pandora for TV and Movies.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
APKS?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bill.Satellite wrote:
NEWS FLASH:...........Hulu is boosting the monthly base price of its Live TV streaming service. The company said in a press release it will increase the price of Hulu+ Live TV from $44.99 to $54.99 starting Dec. 18. You still have to pay for internet access so for many users the cost of satellite TV would be highly competitive.

Been on sling for 2 years and never an increase. Still under $30/month. That and a few APKS and there is nothing I can't watch.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Who?

That would be the "whistle blower" supposedly, possibly...probably!!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who?

Okay, seems to be confusing without the previous post.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
That's was kind of the point about T-Mobile service and Sat...about the same price....no real bargains. With that being said, T-Mobile's deal as it stands now uses your home Wi-Fi but is headed for completely Mobile Data later(all cellular). Don't take that as the gospel, I just skimmed over the details.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
NEWS FLASH:...........Hulu is boosting the monthly base price of its Live TV streaming service. The company said in a press release it will increase the price of Hulu+ Live TV from $44.99 to $54.99 starting Dec. 18. You still have to pay for internet access so for many users the cost of satellite TV would be highly competitive.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
As I have been looking more and more into streaming...I came across the offering by T-Mobile(T-Vision, I think). It has already rolled out BUT it's not quite ready for the RV market yet as I understand it. The Channel line up is impressive albeit expensive too. T-Mobile is counting on the merger with Sprint, infrastructure improvement and of course 5G before they really get in to the swing of things. After looking it over for a bit....the price of this streaming service is more like a SAT service getting up into the 90.00 a month range with 10.00 per additional TV's. Interesting but not quite ready for prime time RV'ing.

Not sure the market space they are trying to capture. Why is this any better than a hotspot with unlimited data and an ala carte' service for much less money?

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
As I have been looking more and more into streaming...I came across the offering by T-Mobile(T-Vision, I think). It has already rolled out BUT it's not quite ready for the RV market yet as I understand it. The Channel line up is impressive albeit expensive too. T-Mobile is counting on the merger with Sprint, infrastructure improvement and of course 5G before they really get in to the swing of things. After looking it over for a bit....the price of this streaming service is more like a SAT service getting up into the 90.00 a month range with 10.00 per additional TV's. Interesting but not quite ready for prime time RV'ing.
96 Vogue Prima Vista

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I checked out Disney+ hoping it was more than it sounded. It isn't. It's just Disney which for the most part I couldn't care less about. Hulu does not offer the programming we like, so Sling will continue to be our choice. Cheapest of all the streaming subscriptions with the most channels we watch. Add a few APK's and there really isn't much that exists that I don't have access to.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
After checking the programming there's nothing much I'd care to watch, bunch of Disney kid programming it appears, nothing there to take me away from Directv.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Streaming doesn't work very well with so many places that don't have cable or cell service. If you want to stay in the city maybe it will work.

Just a little wait and there will be hundreds of low orbit satellites beaming down internet all over north America and beyond...

17 months and 3 days and no more Dish/Direct TV...

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Streaming doesn't work very well with so many places that don't have cable or cell service. If you want to stay in the city maybe it will work.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Here we go again.

17 months and Dish/Direct TV should be shuttering the doors... :C

satellite-bill will need a new name..