Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Here we go again.

17 months and Dish/Direct TV should be shuttering the doors... [emoticon]

satellite-bill will need a new name..

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Streaming doesn't work very well with so many places that don't have cable or cell service. If you want to stay in the city maybe it will work.

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

K Charles wrote:

Streaming doesn't work very well with so many places that don't have cable or cell service. If you want to stay in the city maybe it will work.

Just a little wait and there will be hundreds of low orbit satellites beaming down internet all over north America and beyond...

17 months and 3 days and no more Dish/Direct TV...

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After checking the programming there's nothing much I'd care to watch, bunch of Disney kid programming it appears, nothing there to take me away from Directv.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked out Disney+ hoping it was more than it sounded. It isn't. It's just Disney which for the most part I couldn't care less about. Hulu does not offer the programming we like, so Sling will continue to be our choice. Cheapest of all the streaming subscriptions with the most channels we watch. Add a few APK's and there really isn't much that exists that I don't have access to.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I have been looking more and more into streaming...I came across the offering by T-Mobile(T-Vision, I think). It has already rolled out BUT it's not quite ready for the RV market yet as I understand it. The Channel line up is impressive albeit expensive too. T-Mobile is counting on the merger with Sprint, infrastructure improvement and of course 5G before they really get in to the swing of things. After looking it over for a bit....the price of this streaming service is more like a SAT service getting up into the 90.00 a month range with 10.00 per additional TV's. Interesting but not quite ready for prime time RV'ing.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

As I have been looking more and more into streaming...I came across the offering by T-Mobile(T-Vision, I think). It has already rolled out BUT it's not quite ready for the RV market yet as I understand it. The Channel line up is impressive albeit expensive too. T-Mobile is counting on the merger with Sprint, infrastructure improvement and of course 5G before they really get in to the swing of things. After looking it over for a bit....the price of this streaming service is more like a SAT service getting up into the 90.00 a month range with 10.00 per additional TV's. Interesting but not quite ready for prime time RV'ing.

Not sure the market space they are trying to capture. Why is this any better than a hotspot with unlimited data and an ala carte' service for much less money?

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NEWS FLASH:...........Hulu is boosting the monthly base price of its Live TV streaming service. The company said in a press release it will increase the price of Hulu+ Live TV from $44.99 to $54.99 starting Dec. 18. You still have to pay for internet access so for many users the cost of satellite TV would be highly competitive.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's was kind of the point about T-Mobile service and Sat...about the same price....no real bargains. With that being said, T-Mobile's deal as it stands now uses your home Wi-Fi but is headed for completely Mobile Data later(all cellular). Don't take that as the gospel, I just skimmed over the details.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who?

Okay, seems to be confusing without the previous post.

* This post was edited 11/16/19 07:16am by fj12ryder *

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS