Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Who?

That would be the "whistle blower" supposedly, possibly...probably!!!

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/19 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

NEWS FLASH:...........Hulu is boosting the monthly base price of its Live TV streaming service. The company said in a press release it will increase the price of Hulu+ Live TV from $44.99 to $54.99 starting Dec. 18. You still have to pay for internet access so for many users the cost of satellite TV would be highly competitive.

Been on sling for 2 years and never an increase. Still under $30/month. That and a few APKS and there is nothing I can't watch.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 04:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

APKS?

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

APKS?

What I like about the firestick over other streaming devices is how easy it is to load different applications. An APK (android packing kit) is a glorified way of saying an application that finds streams built on
a platform that's compatible with Android. Someone is streaming something somewhere for just about everything. An APK is an application that packages a way to find streams on content you are looking for. It's a gui that scans the www and finds the show or movie you want, lists the streams and quality of the streams and you pick one and it will play. Granted some streams have better quality than others but most decent apk's have good streams. To me it's another ala carte' service you can download to find more content. Very similar to Youtube - the main difference being there are full length movies and shows. It won't find live content, but if it's been aired, or it's on DVD, then it's available. Imagine a version of Pandora for TV and Movies.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS