Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While Dish/Direct TV lose millions of customers every year..

Satellite TV will never be able to offer these prices.

The first-day results exceeded expectations of Wall Street analysts, many of whom predicted that it would take until the end of the year for Disney+ to reach 10 million sign-ups. Disney Chairman and Chief Executive Bob Iger has made Disney+ the company’s top priority over the last year, and much of his legacy rests on its success.

However, at just $6.99 per month, Disney+ is an exceptional deal for cord-cutters, and an even better deal for Verizon customers, many of whom are eligible for a free year. Disney is also offering streaming bundles that include Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for the low price of $12.99/month.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-ar........business/story/2019-11-13/disney-signups

[emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sold my stocks and already took profit.

I should have bothered to find out what channels are included. My wife is addicted to MSNBC with Rachel Maddow as her political mentor.

Lwiddis

Oceano Dunes, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorting out which service will be the best will take some time.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a long time customer of Dish Network with no plans at present to change.

I pay $70/month for Spectrum's 200mbps Internet access. I have pay no subscription fees for streaming service but on occasion, I watch a few YouTube videos (mostly documentaries) but tire very quickly of seeing "LOADING" with a circle going around and around while the network catches up.

Sometimes I can't get a good signal to my Dish antenna but hardly ever experience problems with rain fade. The actual speeds I see with my 200Mbps Spectrum service leave much to be desired. The mailings and ads I see from Spectrum describe a wonderfully fast network without any delays but my experience leaves a lot to be desired. Calling customer service (which is rated among the worst in the nation - right down at the bottom with AT&T) is an effort in futility.

The cost of staying connected is outrageous and an overall rip off.

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here we go again.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I have mostly rejected the OP's stance on this over the many Topic's this has come up on here and other Forums, I'm starting to drink the Kool-Aid too!

I don't think Satellite is going away overnight, I do believe that streaming will be the ultimate resolution to all things Video/audio in the not to distant future.

I'm sick of Direct TV and that's coming from a very long time subscriber (well over 20 years)….I should have left them years ago when they swindled me out of my DNS service which was Grandfathered into my contract(long story but absolutely true). And then, more recently, promising me one thing BUT not delivering on it. Now I say that with a grain of salt...I wanted and was told months ago that I could trade in my old equipment for upgraded equip if I signed up for their replacement coverage. I also realize some of been able to get what they want receiver wise(that being a H24/HR24 receiver) so that when the change takes place and the 101 Sat starts broadcasting HD signals, you could still use your round Legacy dish could still be used. Hours and Hours of talking with Rep's to Supervisors to Retention reps prove fruitless.

Just yesterday, I cancelled my three old receivers on my account(basically my Receivers that I was using in the RV and in a spare room on a round dish and cancelled that stupid ass insurance saving me roughly 30 bucks a month)….I advised them why I was doing this and that it was a prelude to cancelling completely and to make a long story short...they couldn't give a dam!!!

The Morale of the story...is I'm looking to do Streaming or possibly Dish network on a trail basis. With the number of Streaming services coming on line(even though all the kinks have not been worked out yet ie stationary vs. mobile location is not quite figured out yet).

As of now...I'll be Streaming content. WE have a T-Mobile hotspot, an AT&T hotspot and I am seriously looking into the Verizon Visible Plan (at 25.00 a month with right amount of people...seems like a No Brainer). Sorry for being so Long winded...Direct just has me pissed!! LOL

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

they swindled me out of my DNS service which was Grandfathered into my contract(long story but absolutely true).
I can't help you with any of your other problems, but I can give you a workaround on this one.

Change your service address to somewhere in Los Angeles. Of course that may take several annoying phones calls to them. You will receive LA locals wherever you are. No, you can't get both coasts, but you can get that one sans any DNS fees. I don't know if New York works the same way. I don't care about "locals" to the region I'm in, just some feed of the major networks.

Streaming is great, as long as you have the bandwidth, the Gigs and a good signal. Not always easy to get on the road.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

they swindled me out of my DNS service which was Grandfathered into my contract(long story but absolutely true).
I can't help you with any of your other problems, but I can give you a workaround on this one.

Change your service address to somewhere in Los Angeles. Of course that may take several annoying phones calls to them. You will receive LA locals wherever you are. No, you can't get both coasts, but you can get that one sans any DNS fees. I don't know if New York works the same way. I don't care about "locals" to the region I'm in, just some feed of the major networks.

Streaming is great, as long as you have the bandwidth, the Gigs and a good signal. Not always easy to get on the road.

One of the reasons I hesitate to dismiss Sat altogether is we stay in some remote area's and getting a Cell signal is hard enough let alone a Data Stream. I figure I can do without BUT then again I do enjoy some BooB tube at times especially News. Oh, on the DNS, that was what they took away, I did have BOTH Coasts for 15+ years of my 20+ years of service. As we are all getting older, it was great watching the east coast feed at 8 pm instead of 11pm!! Oh well....

Lwiddis

Oceano Dunes, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So Los Angeles, our Los Angeles, is the center of the Earth, 2oldman?
Then why did I leave my heart in San Francisco? Near those little cable cars?

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

The cost of staying connected is outrageous and an overall rip off.

Yep with streaming you only need internet, there is hundreds of FREE programs and movies that don't require a monthly fee.

And if you want certain programs that you have to pay for you can pick what you want and pay for what you get without added junk channels and you can cancel at anytime without a hassle, just click online and cancel, no sells BS and no extra equipment needed except the Roku box that you own..

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Disney Says 10 Million Signed up for Streaming in One Day
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.