Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: beaded cab driver seat??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> beaded cab driver seat??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Link

The same material used in medical applications. I can drive pretty much all day sitting on one.

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MOR/ryde independent suspension, disc brakes, LR G tires
2020 Solitude 310GK-R on order (with MORryde IS)
PullRite OE 18K, Demco Glide Ride pin box
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

The beaded seat cover is great if your legs/butt fall asleep or your muscles start to ache on long drives. The beads roll as you sit and help keep the circulation flowing.

If you are just getting sore at pressure points, then a cushion may work better.

We had them when we had a early '80's Caddy Sedan DeVille that I think had leather. We liked them and did just as stated above. Car ok till my Uncle showed up w/ his '85 Town Car. Got rid of the Caddy for a '86 TC w/ cloth. Loved that car, but never used the beads again.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread takes the cake...Please don't anyone ask about hemorrhoid donuts though!

Pro tip for y'all. Get on Amazon and you can buy a new seat cushion to replace that old wore out seat in your whatever you're driving for about the same as the gupta beads or butt cushion.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boy, the manufacturers put a lot into developing comfortable seats; possibly trucks even more than the average vehicle. Could just be your body telling you to stop more or quit sooner. I'm 77 and try not to travel more than 250-300 in our MH and not even that without breaks. It's an old Ford E-450 and I think the seats are pretty good.

Jayco-noslide

noteven

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AirHawk cushion.

But the price is = several all I can eat buffets.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are still making them in Asia and it's beads of hard wood ideal to their tropical climate.

It has a massaging effects and conform to the shape of your body and yield to your preferred position on your seat.

That's probably the secret to its qualities.

You can ask a friend making trip to Asia to bring you one. Just double check that it's not made from one of those endangered tree species but specify hard wood, teak or acacia.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These days I use whatever foam/gel cushion that is currently on sale - don't look as nice as the beads but your arse will thank you.

Kevin

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> beaded cab driver seat??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS