cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auto Park Brake Issue

GeneMendoza
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening, my first post hope all is well.
I own a 2000 Safari Trek 2830 with P32 custom chassis. Recently the rats ate into one of my JII leveling jack hoses. Fluid is now low, alarm bong is going off. Auto Park Brake is on and will not release. Are the two systems connected some how? I switched out the relay and both green and gray sensor switches. Brake still does not release. Any suggestions before calling an expensive Mobil mechanic.
Tomorrow I will fill the leveler pump reservoir but I doubt it will work. I did do a temporary simple repair to the hose.
Respectfully,
Gene
11 REPLIES 11

GeneMendoza
Explorer
Explorer
Well I got the alarm to stop on the leveling system by filling the tank. I thought there might be a connection but no luck. I disconnected the battery for a day to see if that might reboot the system, but no luck either. Iโ€™m going to check the relay to see if it is the same amps. Does it have to be the same 50 amp?

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Knowing all the dedicated help I get with my Trek on Trek Tracks, I'm very surprised the OP hasn't joined over there to hear what they have to say. Trek Tracks is one of the most valuable tools any Trek owner can reference. The admins can be a pain but they've been much better lately.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
So Gene, what have you found out about your problem???
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I meant to quote Richard's post. He posted links that should help with the auto park problems!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
GeneMendoza wrote:
Thanks for all your help. I will look into all this on the weekend.

Great post, that will help him with what he needs to know!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

GeneMendoza
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your help. I will look into all this on the weekend.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Omey's is a
great site for autopark info.

Old Used Bear web site

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Gene, is the small plastic tank
on the auto park unit full? Mine takes transmission fluid.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Winnebago Brave on a P32 chassis. The auto park on mine is totally independent from the leveling system. As stated above Roger Haag (Old Used Bear) is the authority on the auto park system. Google old used bear and contact him via email, he can not hear good enough to talk on the phone but he is very good about answering emails. He will be able to help you diagnose the problem.
Wishing you good luck!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
GeneMendoza wrote:
Good evening, my first post hope all is well.
I own a 2000 Safari Trek 2830 with P32 custom chassis. Recently the rats ate into one of my JII leveling jack hoses. Fluid is now low, alarm bong is going off. Auto Park Brake is on and will not release. Are the two systems connected some how? I switched out the relay and both green and gray sensor switches. Brake still does not release. Any suggestions before calling an expensive Mobil mechanic.
Tomorrow I will fill the leveler pump reservoir but I doubt it will work. I did do a temporary simple repair to the hose.
Respectfully,
Gene
The best source for help with your Trek is Trek Tracks at http://www.trektraxs.com/ They are very knowledgeable and helpful. Membership is in the group is free to everyone that owns, wants to own or has owned a Trek. It's one of the most valuable resources you're find for Trek owners.

I don't have the auto-parking brake on my motorhome but I've never heard of any connection between the brake and the leveler system.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Search out OldUsedBear over at www.irv2.com.

His name is Roger and he is the resident expert on the auto park brake systems.

Also on the other forum is a special section for the Workhorse chassis that may contain some information that you can use.

Sorry I canโ€™t help you more. Good luck with your problem.