cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartland Fuel vs. Cruiser Stryker

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
It is my understanding that Heartland RVs acquired Cruiser a few years ago. The wife and I are considering a smaller rig and in our search, we came across these two lines. Except for paint scheme, these units are identical. Since one is owned by the other, anyone know if they are actually built on the same assembly line? I know the Fuel is built specifically for Camping World but other than that, is there any difference?

Frank
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat
7 REPLIES 7

Braveheart
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Braveheart wrote:
DJMeeka wrote:
I’m also looking into the Cruiser Stryker and saw the Fuel toy haulers. I don’t know for sure, but the Stryker, Fuel, and Torque are all part of the Heartland parent company. I would assume the similar floor plans have the same underpinnings. Through my research, it appears the Stryker Torque & Fuels are stronger than the competition with aluminum framed walls and roof where most others have wood truss roofs.

I don’t have any Fuels close to me so my search is focused on the Stryker. I went in interested in the 2916 but the wife really likes the 3214. I need around 14 feet of storage to fit a Can Am X3 Max XRS.

Anyone have an idea of a fair price in Southern California for one of these units(MSRP $60-65k)? My rule of thumb is at least 30% off MSRP.
Thanks
Darren

I bought mine from DDRV in Wesminister and got 32% off MSRP and got a second recliner thrown into the deal. They strongarmed me to pay their $700 PDI fee which was a bunch of B.S. as the unit was not ready for delivery when I did my walkthough. I am still waiting on them to follow through with some of the cosmetic repairs.

Bought my FR fiver from DD in June 2018. Noted many issues at walk through, all cosmetic but pretty serious. Had to scream and yell to get their attention. I was finally assigned to a service writer Robert Marcum and he made it all happen pretty fast. Overall I'd give them 8/10. Once we got it in we got it back in about two weeks and the work was done well.

I have been dealing with Rob - They sent out a mobile reapir guy to fix some of the issues but he did not have all the parts. I have texted with Rob several times since but no response. Right now - it would not be likely that I buy from them again. I will try and solve all my future warranty issues myself becasue I dont trust in them addressing the issue in a timely manner.
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ
2005 Fleetwood Gearbox 300FS
2012 RZR 4 800
Fight On!

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Braveheart wrote:
DJMeeka wrote:
I’m also looking into the Cruiser Stryker and saw the Fuel toy haulers. I don’t know for sure, but the Stryker, Fuel, and Torque are all part of the Heartland parent company. I would assume the similar floor plans have the same underpinnings. Through my research, it appears the Stryker Torque & Fuels are stronger than the competition with aluminum framed walls and roof where most others have wood truss roofs.

I don’t have any Fuels close to me so my search is focused on the Stryker. I went in interested in the 2916 but the wife really likes the 3214. I need around 14 feet of storage to fit a Can Am X3 Max XRS.

Anyone have an idea of a fair price in Southern California for one of these units(MSRP $60-65k)? My rule of thumb is at least 30% off MSRP.
Thanks
Darren

I bought mine from DDRV in Wesminister and got 32% off MSRP and got a second recliner thrown into the deal. They strongarmed me to pay their $700 PDI fee which was a bunch of B.S. as the unit was not ready for delivery when I did my walkthough. I am still waiting on them to follow through with some of the cosmetic repairs.

Bought my FR fiver from DD in June 2018. Noted many issues at walk through, all cosmetic but pretty serious. Had to scream and yell to get their attention. I was finally assigned to a service writer Robert Marcum and he made it all happen pretty fast. Overall I'd give them 8/10. Once we got it in we got it back in about two weeks and the work was done well.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Braveheart
Explorer
Explorer
DJMeeka wrote:

Thanks
Darren

2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ
2012 RZR 4 800
Fight On!

Braveheart
Explorer
Explorer
dsrace wrote:
i have never looked at the heartland fuel and apperantly do not need to since i have looked at the stryker. stryker doesn't build a unit with enough ccc for a sxs or sand rail so i didn't look at any of there other models. looked like a decent toyhauler for smaller toys.

I just bought the 2020 Stryker 2313 and it has just over 4k in cargo capacity. I fit my 2017 rzr xp4 1000 with zero issues.
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ
2012 RZR 4 800
Fight On!

Y-Guy
FrankoToo wrote:
It is my understanding that Heartland RVs acquired Cruiser a few years ago.
Not that it really matters but Thor acquired Cruiser & DRV in 2015 under the Heartland umbrella, all are owned my Thor Industries though.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

DJMeeka
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks
Darren

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
i have never looked at the heartland fuel and apperantly do not need to since i have looked at the stryker. stryker doesn't build a unit with enough ccc for a sxs or sand rail so i didn't look at any of there other models. looked like a decent toyhauler for smaller toys.