cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evolving Canines, de-evoloving people?

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
So this last weekend my daughter wanted to go camping for the 3 day weekend. We went over to the coast which is only a few hours away for a nice family getaway.

We went to a very nice and popular campground on the beach. When I checked in I made sure to read all the rules as I always do. One of the normal rules was you had to pick up after your dog.

Since my daughter brought her dog with her I made it clear that she must pickup after her dog or we could get kicked out of the campground and I would not get my money back. As always, she followed that rule to the T.

The funny thing is; just a few miles down the coastline is San Francisco.

Now I know it's hard for someone that lives in lets say Hoxie Ks to know all the laws we have out west and I know it will be even harder for them to believe what I'm about to write:

There are no rules or laws in SF about your dog pooping or peeing on the sidwalk. In fact; humans can even poop or pee in SF with impunity. Feel free to pee away!

That's right, the new DA of SF says' you don't have to pick up after yourself let alone your dog! Hookers seem to be ok with him too.

So if you happen to be vacationing in SF with a dog this year, feel free let him or her do there thing on the street and walk away. Feel free to do the same if you feel the need. Those bags were kind of a pain to carry around anyway! :B

It's a wild, wild world out there but please watch your step before you get into your RV......enjoy your stay!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
35 REPLIES 35

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
"On the right side of the screen there is a hide button."

On forums.trailerlife.com I see no "hide" button, but the same posts on www.rv.net do have a "hide" button (on my screen, anyway.) So if you want to hide this, you should log into rv.net.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
My wife and I traveled through California starting at Yosemite and zigzagging up through the mountains for over a week. We never set foot in a town of more than 10,000 people and really enjoyed our stay. I will go back for the same kind of trip again. However, I will never step foot in the big cities. Not interested.
There, now we have a reply that is not bashing California.

I am glad you enjoyed it.

One of the things worrying me tho is when beautiful clean areas get revealed on the net via a forum or otherwise, they might become overtaxed, crowded and having the garbage we are talking about begin showing up in those areas.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
I know what the problem is, but Iโ€™ll just let you all just keep guessing.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
My wife and I traveled through California starting at Yosemite and zigzagging up through the mountains for over a week. We never set foot in a town of more than 10,000 people and really enjoyed our stay. I will go back for the same kind of trip again. However, I will never step foot in the big cities. Not interested.
There, now we have a reply that is not bashing California.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
what does this have to do with RVing? You're just whinging about a place you don't like - so just don't go there and quit whinging about it.

I seem to remember a recent thread where someone made this recommendation and your head blew up. Nice double standard.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
timjet wrote:
JRscooby wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

This thread is NOT about behaviors when camping. It is pure and simply a "let's bash California" thread.

[sarcasm] Yes. Every state should pass laws against doing anything to help the homeless. Just like a raccoon, if you feed him, he will come back. And he might bring friends. Pass laws, don't let them sleep in parks, under bridges, or any public place. When you catch one, take him to court, charge him a big fine. Can't pay the fine? Put him in jail![/sarcasm]

That's a simplistic answer to a difficult problem. You don't really think the homeless are going to pay a fine and change their behavior, so If you jail all the homeless you better have a large tax base to take care of them.

I fixed my quote for you. Your point about the large tax base is good. I wonder if it would take fewer tax dollars to build housing priced based upon income. But how would that punish that don't have good enough jobs?

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe if California started prosecuting people for these crimes, they would feel persecuted, form caravan's and march to Mexico.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

bid_time
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Does this mean if we go to San Francisco we can legally dump our holding tanks into the city storm drains? Awesome!
I'm pretty sure they have a law against discharging sewage into a storm system. If you dump it on the sidewalk you should be good.

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

This thread is NOT about behaviors when camping. It is pure and simply a "let's bash California" thread.

Yes. Every state should pass laws against doing anything to help the homeless. Just like a raccoon, if you feed him, he will come back. And he might bring friends. Pass laws, don't let them sleep in parks, under bridges, or any public place. When you catch one, take him to court, charge him a big fine. Can't pay the fine? Put him in jail!

That's a simplistic answer to a difficult problem. You don't really think the homeless are going to pay a fine and change their behavior, so If you jail all the homeless you better have a large tax base to take care of them.
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
I read with interest the OP's link to the article about the newly elected DA ignoring the laws concerning prostitution, defecating and urinating in public. If I read the article correctly it seems that S.F. has laws on the books criminalizing this behavior but the DA has chose to ignore them.
So this new DA has taken it upon himself to interpret laws and ignore them as he sees fit.
Did no one else catch this?

I believe is was N.Y.city mayor Rudy Giulian that cleaned up N.Y. city by changing city law banning sex peep shows and related activity in Times Square. He also enforced the ban against public urination. His reasoning was if you enforce the laws concerning little crimes you'll have less big crime. I don't know if that panned out but as a frequent visitor to the city I did notice Time's Sq became a more clean and enjoyable place to visit.

My career took me many times to both S.F. and Seattle. In the early 2010's I did not notice the issues we're discussing in S.F. so it must have gotten worse since them. However Seattle is another story. I would avoid downtown Seattle then and it's probably gotten worse.
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:

Yes. Every state should pass laws against doing anything to help the homeless. Just like a raccoon, if you feed him, he will come back. And he might bring friends. Pass laws, don't let them sleep in parks, under bridges, or any public place. When you catch one, take him to court, charge him a big fine. Can't pay the fine? Put him in jail!

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
what does this have to do with RVing? You're just whinging about a place you don't like - so just don't go there and quit whinging about it.
Kind of like if you don't like a thread don't read it.

Usually this same behavior moves to campgrounds and RV parks. Just like the trashing and tagging of our national parks.

Having a bad day? LOL.

If you would have read my first post and comprehended it, your post couldn't be further from the truth.

It is what it is. This is what happened in the campground I was at. They told me I would be kicked out if I didn't clean up after my daughters dog. I thought it was funny that SF has a policy that you not only don't have to clean up after your dog, you can take a dump right in the street too if you please.

No body is forcing you to read my thread. On the right side of the screen there is a hide button. I don't want to offend you anymore, so please use it.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
Kind of like if you don't like a thread don't read it.

Usually this same behavior moves to campgrounds and RV parks. Just like the trashing and tagging of our national parks.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
The only city where you have to tell your dog to watch where they step!!! LOL
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)