Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Evolving Canines, de-evoloving people?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Evolving Canines, de-evoloving people?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
imgoin4it

Alamogordo, NM USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why would anyone even want to take their dog to one of those California cities. I don’t ever expect to visit one again and I guarantee I wouldn’t take my dog to one of them.

Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm kind of a "water-quality wonk" and in FL they are really pounding it into people's heads to pick up after their dogs because the waste washes into the local waterways and ultimately, either the big rivers or the ocean/gulf.

I wouldn't even want to think of what the e-coli levels are at any west-coast beaches....

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only city where you have to tell your dog to watch where they step!!! LOL

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

what does this have to do with RVing? You're just whinging about a place you don't like - so just don't go there and quit whinging about it.
Kind of like if you don't like a thread don't read it.

Usually this same behavior moves to campgrounds and RV parks. Just like the trashing and tagging of our national parks.

This thread is NOT about behaviors when camping. It is pure and simply a "let's bash California" thread.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 10:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

what does this have to do with RVing? You're just whinging about a place you don't like - so just don't go there and quit whinging about it.
Kind of like if you don't like a thread don't read it.

Usually this same behavior moves to campgrounds and RV parks. Just like the trashing and tagging of our national parks.

This thread is NOT about behaviors when camping. It is pure and simply a "let's bash California" thread.

Having a bad day? LOL.

If you would have read my first post and comprehended it, your post couldn't be further from the truth.

It is what it is. This is what happened in the campground I was at. They told me I would be kicked out if I didn't clean up after my daughters dog. I thought it was funny that SF has a policy that you not only don't have to clean up after your dog, you can take a dump right in the street too if you please.

No body is forcing you to read my thread. On the right side of the screen there is a hide button. I don't want to offend you anymore, so please use it.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/19 04:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

Yes. Every state should pass laws against doing anything to help the homeless. Just like a raccoon, if you feed him, he will come back. And he might bring friends. Pass laws, don't let them sleep in parks, under bridges, or any public place. When you catch one, take him to court, charge him a big fine. Can't pay the fine? Put him in jail!

timjet

Land O Lakes, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/19 04:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read with interest the OP's link to the article about the newly elected DA ignoring the laws concerning prostitution, defecating and urinating in public. If I read the article correctly it seems that S.F. has laws on the books criminalizing this behavior but the DA has chose to ignore them.
So this new DA has taken it upon himself to interpret laws and ignore them as he sees fit.
Did no one else catch this?

I believe is was N.Y.city mayor Rudy Giulian that cleaned up N.Y. city by changing city law banning sex peep shows and related activity in Times Square. He also enforced the ban against public urination. His reasoning was if you enforce the laws concerning little crimes you'll have less big crime. I don't know if that panned out but as a frequent visitor to the city I did notice Time's Sq became a more clean and enjoyable place to visit.

My career took me many times to both S.F. and Seattle. In the early 2010's I did not notice the issues we're discussing in S.F. so it must have gotten worse since them. However Seattle is another story. I would avoid downtown Seattle then and it's probably gotten worse.

Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

timjet

Land O Lakes, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/19 05:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

Yes. Every state should pass laws against doing anything to help the homeless. Just like a raccoon, if you feed him, he will come back. And he might bring friends. Pass laws, don't let them sleep in parks, under bridges, or any public place. When you catch one, take him to court, charge him a big fine. Can't pay the fine? Put him in jail!

That's a simplistic answer to a difficult problem. You don't really think the homeless are going to pay a fine and change their behavior, so If you jail all the homeless you better have a large tax base to take care of them.

* This post was edited 11/16/19 05:09am by timjet *

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/19 06:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Does this mean if we go to San Francisco we can legally dump our holding tanks into the city storm drains? Awesome!
I'm pretty sure they have a law against discharging sewage into a storm system. If you dump it on the sidewalk you should be good.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/19 06:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe if California started prosecuting people for these crimes, they would feel persecuted, form caravan's and march to Mexico.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Evolving Canines, de-evoloving people?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS