cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tongue jack maintenance

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
My TT is 5 yrs old and I’ve never done anything to the electric jack. Is there any maintenance that should be done to it? It’s been working fine.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
5 REPLIES 5

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
afidel wrote:
If it's an LCI unit they are a sealed unit and supposedly should not require any maintenance (IE they are disposable), other manufacturers call for partial disassembly and the application of a high melting point grease to wear surfaces.

I got 6 months out of mine

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
There is a zerk on the Ultra-Fab. I do a couple pumps every spring, but it still makes awful grinding noises. Been this way for 4 years. Goes up and down, though.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I had a Barker that called out lubing something. I ignored that, probably over loaded it and basically abused it for 13 years.
Despite all that, it worked flawlessly.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recall any required maintenance for mine. It's about 14 years old now and still working great.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's an LCI unit they are a sealed unit and supposedly should not require any maintenance (IE they are disposable), other manufacturers call for partial disassembly and the application of a high melting point grease to wear surfaces.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH