cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mexicali to tijuana toll road

artfuldodger
Explorer
Explorer
Is this road good and how much is the toll? We're towing a 40' fiver and heading to #1 hwy to go south to loretto on the Baja. We traveled north on #1 last April but didn't use the toll road.
artful dodger
5 REPLIES 5

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
What is your tow vehicle? I hope the truck is not a duallie or a one ton. The tolls would be higher with a duallie. I have not heard of anyone having troubles entering Baja with a duallie but at some crossings they are not allowed.

Moisheh

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
So just a quick comment. Mexicali to Tijuana on Hwy 2 is in great shape as it should be as it is the only road that commercially connects Baja to Mainland Mexico. Yes it is a toll road but I don't think that should be a problem for you. The Rumurosa is a steep incline for about 6 miles but it is a divided 4 lane highway. Check your maps as you may want to travel Hwy 3 from Tecate down through the wine land of Valle de Guadalupe instead of going all the way over to Hwy 1 at Tijuana. There is substantial traffic in Ensenada so GPS can't give you accurate time distance information. Go slow enjoy the views and have fun!
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
From Mexicali to Tijuana, pickup with a two axle trailer or fifth wheel is 462 pesos total according to the SCT website below.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

artfuldodger
Explorer
Explorer
No answers yet. Can anyone help with this particular road?
artful dodger

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Hope someone responses. Headed that way soon.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad