Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Half ton towable fifth wheel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

 > Half ton towable fifth wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
TurnThePage

North ID

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not exactly a travel trailer subject, but I think many of us might try out a fiver if they were light enough. This one seems very nice to me. The video is over a year old, so maybe it's already been shared around here.

Celtic Rambler


2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

Not exactly a travel trailer subject, but I think many of us might try out a fiver if they were light enough. This one seems very nice to me. The video is over a year old, so maybe it's already been shared around here.

Celtic Rambler
.

IMOP. IF you can find a 5er with a 1,000lb pin weight loaded ready to camp. . You would be OK.


Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers


2oldman

Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 5th wheels forum. First responder quoting the entire OP. I'm always puzzled by that.

* This post was edited 11/15/19 03:19pm by 2oldman *

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

Senior Member

Joined: 02/25/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

We have a 5th wheels forum. First responder quoting the entire OP. I'm always puzzled by that.


I think some folks do that because posters will suddenly delete their entire post for no apparent reason.
This way it's etched in stone!


Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

2oldman

Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

I think some folks do that because posters will suddenly delete their entire post for no apparent reason.
I don't care.. let them. I've never seen that happen.

ppine

Northern Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yet another of the long line of just enough truck posts.
If you want a fifth wheel, why not just get a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck and be done with it?

Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

ScottG wrote:

I think some folks do that because posters will suddenly delete their entire post for no apparent reason.
I don't care.. let them. I've never seen that happen.


Truth is. I didn't know I did it until I sent it, and then I didn't know how to change it.

afidel

Cleveland

Senior Member

Joined: 12/23/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So funny that for the UK market a 28' narrow body 5er with a single slide is seen as a mobile penthouse but here stateside that floorplan would only be used for the most entry level unit (Arctic Fox being an exception).


2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 181BH
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 long bed
E2 WDH


romore

Okanagan valley British Columbia

Senior Member

Joined: 09/18/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not do it but as long as you can hook it up tow anything you want behind your half ton. Fully loaded that trailer is almost 10,000# with 20% of that, over 1900#, on the hitch. That is too much for any 1500/f-150 regardless of what the saleman told you even with the 10 ply tires, air bags and genuine JC Whitney doule blowdown genuine chrome plated shccks. Coming down an 8% grade into a 40 mile an hour wind gust will give you religion.

afidel

Cleveland

Senior Member

Joined: 12/23/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/15/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

romore wrote:

I would not do it but as long as you can hook it up tow anything you want behind your half ton. Fully loaded that trailer is almost 10,000# with 20% of that, over 1900#, on the hitch. That is too much for any 1500/f-150 regardless of what the saleman told you even with the 10 ply tires, air bags and genuine JC Whitney doule blowdown genuine chrome plated shccks. Coming down an 8% grade into a 40 mile an hour wind gust will give you religion.


How do you figure? It's 6,400 pounds empty, do you honestly think someone is going to fill that tiny thing with 3,600 pounds of cargo? Not to mention the GVWR is 9,500. It's going to end up at 7,000-7,500 and 1,400-1,500 pin which is within the ability of plenty of half tons.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

 > Half ton towable fifth wheel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.