Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Half ton towable fifth wheel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Half ton towable fifth wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
cavie

Port Charlotte Fl/ Hindsdale MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

ScottG wrote:

I think some folks do that because posters will suddenly delete their entire post for no apparent reason.
I don't care.. let them. I've never seen that happen.

In do it because I hang on much busier forums than this and it is not uncommon the have 4 people posting at the same time. Others Never quote and the problem becomes nobody knows who is talking to who. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 10:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, I thought it was a pretty cool trailer that offered a lot in a lighter platform. The slide looked very slick with much less chance for leaks compared to what I usually see. That goes for the whole rig too.

I don't need a 40 foot long, 20 foot wide house everywhere I go. I would entertain owning a fifth wheel like this in a heart beat. With a fatter wallet of course.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/19 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I asked a salesman at CW about the Cougar Half-ton Towables. He was surprised at my question of pin weight and couldn’t tell me what the weight was on the smallest unit, so he went and looked it up. 2200 pounds. I laughed and he stated that he didn’t know of many half tons that had that much payload. They could pull it, though.
The majority of back roads that I have driven in the UK would be no fun in that rig.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/19 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Towed a 5er with a 2007 half-ton Chevy for years. BUT, it had no slides and was 25 ft. long. Still, didn't feel I had much reserve. So, generally, it's not a good set-up and they don't even make many that short and light any more. But, like towing anything it's all about the manufacturers tow rating and the actual loaded weight of the thing you're towing. If it fits, its OK.

Jayco-noslide

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/19 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Truth is. I didn't know I did it until I sent it, and then I didn't know how to change it.
Edit.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/19 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I bought my 1st half-ton to tow a small 5th wheel I was inexperienced and went half-ton because I thought it would drive and ride more car like and we planned it to also be our only vehicle. But now I realize that the 3/4 and even 1 tons ride and handle just fine but are much more capable. The MPG is a concern but probably not that different.

badercubed

Canandaigua, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/19 04:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

Yet another of the long line of just enough truck posts.
If you want a fifth wheel, why not just get a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck and be done with it?
Usually because they tow 5-10 times a year and don't feel like driving a HD truck the rest of the time. Not everyone wants to commute with a 3/4 ton, and if it fits the specs, then why not?

2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2018 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Half ton towable fifth wheel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.