Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best truck for Northern Lite 10-2
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Best truck for Northern Lite 10-2

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
2 Piece

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/19 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eugarps wrote:

2 Piece wrote:

Well, I have a Northern Lite 10-2 and a 2018 F350 DRW 6.7 diesel and it is a perfect combination. I certainly would not let DEF fluid stop me from buying a diesel, it's a non issue as long as you buy DEF from your dealer.
Here is a YouTube link that Runaway Roses did of my setup. www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fxr6Oh9YUM&t=52s

What a nice rig! The tweaks you’ve make, though seemingly small to the casual observer, reap great changes on comfort and functionality. Great job!

Best,

Bill

Thank you Bill for the kind words. BTW, I just down the road from you in Winchester.

2018 F350 6.7 diesel, 4x4, DRW, crew cab, 8' box.
2018 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE.

Those that do not read have no advantage over those who can not.

ardvark

Bristol, TN.

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/19 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brochure says mine is 4,250, door sticker says 3,829. Brochure does not list with options. Door stickers are nearly always less unless maybe stripper XL model. Mine is an XLT. [emoticon]

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/19 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No way I think a dually needs air bags for a 4000# camper. My Bigfoot levels out my truck so that it looks "right".
I carried my Bigfoot on a 2016 Ram 1 ton SRW with 4100+\- payload until I weighed loaded heavy for a winter trip. Told myself.....self you need a dually.
I did transfer the Big Wig sway bar off the SRW to the dually. Rock solid.
I resisted a dually but I'm ok with it now. Adapted.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/19 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or maybe the takeaway is, it doesn’t really matter that much.
Certainly not to the degree that it gets micro analyzed these days.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/19 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ardvark wrote:

Brochure says mine is 4,250, door sticker says 3,829. Brochure does not list with options. Door stickers are nearly always less unless maybe stripper XL model. Mine is an XLT. [emoticon]
Year? Gas? Diesel? CC? EC? SB? LB?

WillDoo

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 12:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dually does just fine in the snow with good aggressive A/T tires and someone at the wheel with snow driving experience. Loaded with camper it's an unstoppable tank, unloaded it's so so but completely functional. We live in Oregon and drive ours back and forth over the cascades all winter, bought it specifically for skiing and snowboarding. Rig is a 17 F-350 CC DRW Diesel platinum with 35" Goodyears, airbags, and stableloads. Camper is an 18 Lance 975, we are 5k-5500lbs loaded and ready to hit the road

I went with ford because it had the highest rated payload at the time of purchase. For the most part I love it, Power and handling are absolutely amazing, creature comforts are top notch. It has had a number of little electrical issues though that have been taken care of under warranty. Nothing more than a small hassle as the local ford dealership is great, but it remains to be seen how things play out once the warranty expires.

ardvark

Bristol, TN.

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 04:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WillDoo wrote:

Dually does just fine in the snow with good aggressive A/T tires and someone at the wheel with snow driving experience. Loaded with camper it's an unstoppable tank, unloaded it's so so but completely functional. We live in Oregon and drive ours back and forth over the cascades all winter, bought it specifically for skiing and snowboarding. Rig is a 17 F-350 CC DRW Diesel platinum with 35" Goodyears, airbags, and stableloads. Camper is an 18 Lance 975, we are 5k-5500lbs loaded and ready to hit the road

I went with ford because it had the highest rated payload at the time of purchase. For the most part I love it, Power and handling are absolutely amazing, creature comforts are top notch. It has had a number of little electrical issues though that have been taken care of under warranty. Nothing more than a small hassle as the local ford dealership is great, but it remains to be seen how things play out once the warranty expires.

Grew up in Minnesota, lived there 35 years, new Michelin ATs on truck, not even in the same all park with my single rear wheel when it comes to snow. Guess all those plow drivers got it wrong. [emoticon]

Steve

ardvark

Bristol, TN.

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 04:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

otrfun wrote:

ardvark wrote:

Already posted all that in earlier post: 2012 gasser EC LB 4x4. Brochure versus reality of sticker is a common issue.

Steve

JD5150

Anywhere

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ardvark wrote:

otrfun wrote:

ardvark wrote:

Already posted all that in earlier post: 2012 gasser EC LB 4x4. Brochure versus reality of sticker is a common issue.

Steve

Yeah I have a 2017 F350 4x4, XL, CC, LB, SRW, Gasser. Door sticker 4140 max payload.

Never had to order it, bought it off dealer lot new with snow plow and camper packages.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Dually does just fine in the snow with good aggressive A/T tires and someone at the wheel with snow driving experience. Loaded with camper it's an unstoppable tank, unloaded it's so so but completely functional.

Exactly...I get around great in the snow in mine and it is the dreaded 2WD-DRW..With TC on,it's like the city snow plows 1-ton 2WD-DRW dump trucks...All I need is a plow now(Laffin)

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Best truck for Northern Lite 10-2
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.