cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV TV show 11/17/19

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently there is a new RV show hitting TV on 11/17. It's called "The RVers" and will be on the Discovery channel at 8am. Made by the same guys who did "The Aviators" show on the same channel.

https://www.thervers.tv/

Not a lot of info but it does appear to be much more about living/using/tech/do-it-yourself and not the usual junk about staged tours/purchases. Here's hoping...
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly
54 REPLIES 54

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Well, I didn't read all of this discussion thread or watch the show ... but I'll just bet that: The topic(s) didn't include how to boondock camp for several days out in the middle of nowhere without having to run into a town for entertainment, or to restock something, every other day in a towed vehicle or a tow vehicle.

Actually, the show had a lot of practical boondocking content.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
austinjenna wrote:
I watched the Rvers - seemed like about 10 minutes maybe of the show and the rest commercials
Well, you can't really expect too much else from a "reality" show.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I watched the Rvers - seemed like about 10 minutes maybe of the show and the rest commercials

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We recorded the first show and watched it last night. We were terribly unimpressed. There was very little content and lots of advertising. And the content was not very good. We will not be watching any more.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
Oh Dang! Missed it again. Did I miss anything important? Did she get that mother of a MOHO out of the car park yet?

Yes they did. And they are working on ripping off a rear corner! Since he isn't telling her to be watchful of the rear swing of that MH.

Well, that would be a perfect lead in to a segment dealing with RV body repair.

Not to mention increased viewership.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
Oh Dang! Missed it again. Did I miss anything important? Did she get that mother of a MOHO out of the car park yet?

Yes they did. And they are working on ripping off a rear corner! Since he isn't telling her to be watchful of the rear swing of that MH.

Well, that would be a perfect lead in to a segment dealing with RV body repair.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
pnichols wrote:
Well, I didn't read all of this discussion thread or watch the show ... but I'll just bet that: The topic(s) didn't include how to boondock camp for several days out in the middle of nowhere without having to run into a town for entertainment, or to restock something, every other day in a towed vehicle or a tow vehicle.

We sometimes boondock/drycamp in a small motorhome without a toad and stay put, once we're there. It took some time to learn how to do this and get our setup just right for this. We sure could have used just the right RV'ing show to help learn how to do this at the beginning. ๐Ÿ™‚
Well, considering you're not the target group, and your spending habits probably aren't profligate enough to register on their consumer chart, you're pretty much out of luck.

Well, yeah ... my spending methodolgy is based on practical value instead of impractical wow-glitz. This sometimes requires me to buy at the high end and sometimes at the obscure end ... however with a lot of research beforehand, regardless of the end that I wind up at. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:

We sometimes boondock/drycamp in a small motorhome without a toad and stay put, once we're there. It took some time to learn how to do this and get our setup just right for this. We sure could have used just the right RV'ing show to help learn how to do this at the beginning. ๐Ÿ™‚
Well, considering you're not the target group, and your spending habits probably aren't profligate enough to register on their consumer chart, you're pretty much out of luck.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
emiddleb wrote:
Apparently there is a new RV show hitting TV on 11/17. It's called "The RVers" and will be on the Discovery channel at 8am. Made by the same guys who did "The Aviators" show on the same channel.

https://www.thervers.tv/

Not a lot of info but it does appear to be much more about living/using/tech/do-it-yourself and not the usual junk about staged tours/purchases. Here's hoping...

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
WHEW! I thought there was something being said about the Mortonโ€™s.

About the Morton's what? And which Morton are you talking about?

Edit--Oops! Didn't see JKJavelin's reply. I give some leeway to news programs and newspapers, which have to get stuff up on the screen quickly, and mistakes do happen. But for anything with a longer lead time, like magazines and TV commercials, there's no excuse.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I donโ€™t claim to be an English Major.

That's ok!!
But a TV producer should be.
Back on topic, I, too, was expecting more from this show. I've watched all of participants' YouTube channels and they all do a good job.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I donโ€™t claim to be an English Major.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD