cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A with twin bed conversion

TSeck
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone performed a conversion (or opted in a new coach) from a king to a set of twins? My wife is a very light sleeper and a king just won't work for us. I know there are couch convertibles but we'd like to save that for the grand kids.

I know its a tight fit, just wondering if the manufacturers have ever considered it as an option.
N. Fla. Family of 6 (2 Eagle Scouts!)
Looking at full time RV after retirement in 3 years.
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Opt for the Sleep Comfort Air Mattress. That gives you separate air adjustable bladders. Doug

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Split king adjustable with the foam/cell/topper mattress and you never feel each other move...unless you want to of course 🙂
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many manufacturers used to provide two singles or perhaps twins as an option. I suspect the market for that configuration is quite small. I for one would have liked to have that option in my Newmar versus the queen. I think some do have the option but can’t remember which ones.

One of the main problems is that many of the queen/king setups are in a slide with the slide mechanism being under the bed. If the bed is not in the slide then they use the space for tanks, electrical or other support stuff.

Good luck
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT